Hello, SAO:MD gamers, we will now post all website changes here for better accessibility. Changelogs and updates like new characters/weapons/armors/accessories, character tier changes, new guides, and more.
Please note that testing and data gathering will take some time, so it might take a while before we can post new updates like new characters.
We are always very grateful to all contributors for your help. ^^
- Sinon characters will get new Skill Slots, refer below for more info and updates.
Updates: Please check Notices in-game for the complete list of Skill Slot additions.
- Sinon [Goddess of Death] = No change in ranks.
- Sinon [Cool-Headed Sniper] = No change in ranks.
- *I would recommend not to waste your resources for their Skill Slots...
- Sinon [Progressive Gunner] = Burst DPS Rank S > SS+; Overall Rank S > SS. Damage Output significantly increased.
- Sinon [Victorious Girl] = Burst DPS Rank C/D > S; Overall Rank C/D > AA. Damage Output significantly increased, SS3 duration also decreased = higher DPS.
- Sinon [Free Style Artist] = Same with Sinon [Victorious Girl].
- Sinon [Dangerous Kiss] = Burst DPS Rank AA > SS+; Overall Rank A > S. Now becomes a Powerhouse unit for Ranking Events.
- Sinon [Stillroom Maid] = Ratings increased but no change in ranks.
- Sinon [Stilleto heel Bride] = Overall Rank S > SS. DPS increased.
- Sinon [Novice Police] = Ratings increased but no change in ranks.
- Added 1st Anniversary Countdown weapon banner (+1).
- Added more R5 weapons stats and info (Credits to Ray).
- 1st Anniversary Countdown banner updates:
- Updated Kirito [Hero's Return] = Burst DPS: Rank S > SS+; Overall Rank: S > SS.
- Kirito has a higher Damage Output and DPS but it looks like they also increased his animation from 4.0 to 4.4, so Combo Gen decreased to 3.6.
- Updated Asuna [Heart of Confront]
- Same with Kirito, Damage Output and DPS increases but they also increased her animation duration from 2.5 to 3.0, Combo Gen decreased from 4.4 to 4.0.
- Updated Alice [Golden Knight] = Burst DPS: Rank S > SS+; Overall Rank: AA > S.
- Damage Output increases but animation duration (3.1 > 2.9) and combo gen (3.9 > 4.1) also increased, so her DPS is now higher. Floor Clearing however is still kinda limited due to lack of healing.
- Updated Rain [Parlor Maid] = Burst DPS: Rank SS > SS+; Overall Rank: AA > SS.
- Damage Output increases, but no change on her animation duration and combo gen. However, her new auto heal effect boosted her survivability, vs floor clearing boss, and overall rankings.
- Updated Sinon [Leo] = Burst DPS: Rank S > SS; Overall Rank: Ratings increased but no change in rank. Damage Output and DPS increases, but no change on her animation duration and combo gen.
- 1st Anniversary Countdown banner under re-review. ^^
- Added more R5 weapons stats and info (Credits to Ray)
- Added Jolly Roger banner under Rank SS Burst DPS (Ranking Events) and Rank S Overall List. Also added under Support Units List.
- Added Jolly Roger weapons banner, and new farmable armor and accessory.
- Jolly Roger banner under review, Good Luck to us all! ^^
- New water element characters added under Character Info and Stats List.
- Ratings will follow.
- Added Ticket Scout Yui [True Heart] under Rank SS Burst DPS (Ranking Events) and Rank S Overall List
- Updated Shards and Crystals drops list for Chapter 23 Story Mode.
- Updated Premier [Pudding] New Skill Slots.
- Updated Kirito [Skill Connect] New Skill Slots. Rank Increased from Rank C and D > Rank B. His damage output is now higher, usable for floor clearing.
- Ticket Scout Yui [True Heart] under review! ^^
- Added Summer Night Festa weapon banner.
- Added new farmable event based armor and accessory.
- Updated Shards and Crystals drops list for Chapter 22 Story Mode.
- Added Beaming Summer Girls weapons banner.
- Beaming Summer Girls banner under review, Good Luck to us all! ^^
- Beaming Summer Girls banner added under Character Stats and Info, rankings will follow.
- Added new farmable event based accessory.
- Updated Shards and Crystals drops list for Chapter 21 Story Mode. These stages are great for farming Crystals (non Holy).
- Added new Top 5 Revival banner weapons - stats and info.
- Updated Shards and Crystals drops list for Chapter 20 Story Mode.
- Kirito [Fairy Dance] DPS Burst rank increased from C > B. Overall rank increased from C > B
- Kirito [Black Wing] added under Rank C and D Burst Damagers (Ranking Events); Added under Rank C and D Overall.
- New top 5 character banner updates:
- Asuna [Shinobi Slash] DPS Burst (Ranking Events) rank increased from AA > S. Overall Rank increased from A > AA.
- Yuuki [Gemini] DPS Burst (Ranking Events) rating vs all element increased from S > SS, vs weak element from S > SS! Yuuki is really strong now with 4.7 hits/sec combo gen.
- Yuuki [Gemini] Overall ranking increased from AA > S.
- Asuna [Lightning Dance] DPS Burst (Ranking Events) rating vs all element increased from S > SS; vs strong Element rating from SS > SS+. Asuna currently has the highest raw damage output in the game.
- Yui [Angel Cheer] DPS Burst (Ranking Events) rating increased from B > S. They really buffed up her damage and SS3 duration but still no combo window.
- Yui [Angel Cheer] Overall ranking increased from B > AA.
- Suguha [Summer Girl] DPS Burst (Ranking Events) rating increased from S > SS. Overall Ranking increased from S > SS. Floor clearing capabilities also increases due to her increased range.
- Added new Poison Charm accessory.
- Added new free R4 weapon: Black Plate.
- New characters under re-review, check here for future updates. Thank You ^^
- Added Kirito [Black Wing] under Neutral Element Character List, rankings will follow.
- Updated Kirito [Fairy Dance]'s info under Dark Element Character List, new rankings will follow.
- Updated Shards and Crystals drops list for Chapters 18 and 19 Story Mode.
- Added new "Yukata Night" banner under Earth Element Character List (Stats and Info)
- Rain, Sinon, Asuna, and Suguha under Rank SS Burst DPS (Ranking Events)
- Seven under Rank S Burst DPS (Ranking Events)
- Rain, Sinon, and Asuna under Rank S Overall List
- Seven and Suguha under Rank AA Overall List
- Added new "Yukata Night" weapons banner.
- New "Yukata Night" banner under review, Good to us all! ^^
- Added new ticket scout character:- Yuna [Tropical dB] under Earth Element Character List (Stats and Info); Rank SS Burst DPS (Ranking Events); and Rank SS Overall!
- Added new limited event Armor and Accessory (needs confirmation though for their stats).
- New "Promised Night of the Stars" banner added under rankings:
- Silica and Yuuki = Rank SS Burst DPS (Ranking Events)
- Philia = Rank S Burst DPS (Ranking Events)
- Silica, Yuuki, and Philia = Rank S Overall List
- All 3 units also added under Support Characters List
- New "Promised Night of the Stars" banner added under Dark Element Character List
- Added new farmable Armor and Accessory.
- Added new "Promised Night of the Stars" weapon banner.
- New upcoming "Promised Night of the Stars" banner under review, Good Luck to us All! ^^
- Added more R5 Sword info and stats. (credit to STO Buddy)
- Added more R5 Lance info and stats. (credit to STO Buddy)
- Added new Tropical Dream banner characters:
- Added new Tropical Dream banner weapons.
- New Tropical Dream banner under review. Good Luck to us all! ^^
- Added more R5 stats info for Maces, Daggers, and Guns (credit to Hypnotized Horseshoes)
- Added new event armor and accessory.
- Added new Weapons and Accessories from the Exchange Market (Menu > Exchange Shop).
- New Medal Scout character Sachi [Brave Lance] added under RANK A Overall; and RANK AA for Ranking Events (Burst DPS).
- Note that Medal Scout units are rated based on their Lvl 80 stats.
- No change of ranks even with their Lvl 10 Weapon Skill, this is because of their low SS3 damage multiplier. However, when Limit Breaking them and maxing all Skill Slots, most of them can possibly reach higher rank.
- New Medal Scout character Sachi [Brave Lance] under review.
- Added more reference videos for the New Ranking Event! The Most Dangerous Pair in SAO.
- New Skill Slots given to all Medal Scout Sword Dance characters:
- Attack UP (Need to Limit Break at least once to unlock)
- Lvl 1 = Atk and Crit +100; up to Lvl 5 = Atk and Crit +500.
- *Weapon Skill can also now be upgraded from Lvl 5 > Lvl 10.
- Added new Water element Weapons, Armor and Accessory.
- Added new Raindrops Concerto banner under Water Element Character List.
- Rain and Sakuya under Rank SS Burst DPS (Ranking Events)
- Leafa under Rank S Burst DPS (Ranking Events)
- Rain under Rank SS Overall
- Sakuya and Leafa under Rank S Overall List.
Dual Wield's new Perks:
- Default attack's speed and hits increased.
- Attack and Movement Speed increases per 10 combos, until 50x combo.
- SS3 animation duration also decreases around 5% per 10 combos. So their DPS potential is at MAX when you have 50+ Combos. However, we will only consider their average DPS and Speed for comparison.
Dual Wielder's new rankings and updates:
- Kirito [CD] = SS3 duration reduced from 4.0 to 2.5 (avg); combo gen increased to 2.8.
- Kirito [BS] = SS3 duration reduced from 5.8 to 4.7 (avg); combo gen increased to 3.4.
- Kirito [SC] = SS3 duration reduced from 11 to 7.7 (avg); combo gen increased to 1.9.
- Kirito [CD]
- Burst DPS (Ranking Events) rank increased from C > A
- Overall List = Rank increased from C > B
- Others: No Change
- New Raindrops Concerto Water banner under review, good luck to us all! ^^
- All Male Dual Wielders will get re-reviewed since their SS3s got buffed with better attack speed and SS3 duration!
*List of units that ranked down due to Power Creep:
Ranking Event (Burst DPS) List
- Alice [Golden Knight] = RANK SS > S
- Eugeo [Blue Silver Knight] = RANK SS > S
- Yuuki [Fledgling Tweeny] = RANK AA > A
- Yui [Born is Sakura Season] = RANK AA > A
- Seven [Omniscient Maid] = vs Strong Elem SS > S
- Yuuki [Gemini] = vs Other Elem SS > S
- Yuuki [Gemini] S > AA
- Alice [Golden Knight] S > AA
- Yui [Born is Sakura Season] = S > AA
- Added more reference videos for the New Ranking Event!
- Yuuki [Swordmaster] known bug on her Battle Skill, now fixed by Bamco. From Damage Up vs Holy > Crit Damage Up vs Holy.
- Added new SD Medal character Sinon [Death Bullet] under RANK A Overall; and RANK AA for Ranking Events (Burst DPS).
- We are now investigating characters that will rank down due to Power Creep, and it's kinda easier now because we found a pattern on how they implement new characters to make sure that they are stronger than the existing ones. So all upcoming character rank downs, will be based on our sheets and not on opinions, to eliminate biases.
- Power Creep is a part of the game, so strong characters will eventually fall off the charts as we go. Good Luck! ^^
- New SD Medal character Sinon [Death Bullet] under review.
- Added more reference videos for the New Ranking Event!
- Added New Cosplay Workers Paradise weapons.
- Added New Cosplay Workers Paradise banner under Neutral Characters List.
- Added Asuna, Sinon, Strea, and Yuna under Rank S Overall List.
- Added Silica and Yui under Rank AA Overall List.
- Added New Cosplay Workers Paradise banner under Rank SS Burst DPS (Ranking Events)
- The Good News: Recent banners (Bride and Workers) are awesomely good!
- The Bad News: Expect some characters that will rank down due to Power Creep.
- New Cosplay Workers Paradise banner under review (6 Characters). Good Luck to Us All! ^^
- Added new Neutral Element armor and accessory from limited event.
- Added more R4 and R5 weapons - stats and info, (credit to BadLuckBoi). ^^
- Added more R5 weapons - stats and info, (credit to AceTemper). ^^
- Added new OS units under Overall and Burst DPS tier lists.
- Updated Overall Tier Lists = now with their proper placements according to our calculations. In Summary, units without Self Heal or Auto Heal are now in a big disadvantage.
- Please note that Support Units that uses Debuffs/Team Healing/Team Buffs will not affect their overall rankings, since these are optional and depends per situation.
- New OS units under review, we'll add them up once done. Good luck guys! ^^
- Released 1st attempt to fill in vs Boss ratings under Floor Clearing Event (Overall Rankings). Note that this is not yet complete, we still need to compute their overall rankings and place them according to their proper ranks. ^^
- Heavily based on their Damage Output (DPS will not be used here), Tankiness and Survival Capabilities. So, units with very high Damage Output with limited durability can still find their way to a decent rank, since we can still defeat Bosses by dodging attacks.
- Based on Floor 60 onwards Boss difficulty.
- Note: Ratings may increase if used against their counter element. Units without any survivability skills, should be paired with Healers to increase/maintain their effectiveness.
- New free limited character Yuuki [Genius Creator] added under RANK AA! Looks like we have a nice free character after all, she has no Combo Window though, but still doable with some tricks, or use as Starter/Finisher. Good Luck guys. ^^
- New free limited character Yuuki [Genius Creator] under review.
- Released 1st attempt to fill in Mob Clearing ratings under Floor Clearing Event (Overall Rankings).
Floor Clearing Event - Mob Clearing (Ratings)
- Heavily based on their AoE Range (considering all skills) + Survival Capabilities without relying on Healers. Basically, units without any survivability skills, should be paired with Healers to increase their effectiveness. Based on Floor 60 onwards mob difficulty.
- Added more reference videos for Bridal Competition Ranking Event (Master+1)
- Added R4 Moonlit Sword and R5 Eternal Symphony stats and info under Weapons List (credit to AceTemper).
- Added new Ranking Event Medal character: Yuuki [Swordmaster], Character List, Burst DPS Tier List (Rank B), and Overall Rankings List (other ratings will follow, so rankings ain't final).
- Rank Up: Sinon [Stiletto heel Bride]: From S to SS (number of hits is 5 or 4 depending on size of target), re-evaluated as Single target Nuker since her SS3's auto-targeting isn't effective vs scattered mobs, and will also depend on her current position.
- Added new Holy Wedding banner Weapons.
- Added reference videos for Bridal Competition Ranking Event (Master+1)
- New Ranking Event Medal character under review: Yuuki [Swordmaster].
- New Holy Wedding characters under review, good luck to us all! ^^
- Added new Holy Wedding characters under Character List, Burst DPS Tier List, and Overall Rankings List (other ratings will follow, so rankings ain't final).
- Added new wedding armor and accessory.
- Character List and Info will get separated from the Overall Rankings List.- Re-worked Overall Rankings List: added more categories (ratings will follow), removed Solo Tier List. We will no longer use Solo Tier List because of several reasons, but mainly because it's not accurate for ranged characters (it's rare to see them solo in rankings), all ranking events will be based from Burst DPS instead.
- Note: MP Gain will not affect Burst DPS rankings since most of the time we can nuke bosses out by spamming SS3s, and if done right. For beginners and players running solo or with limited characters, go for high ranked Dagger, Lancer, Rapier, or Sword wielders with high hits/sec SS3 for better MP gain and Combo speed.- Characters that can easily spam their SS3s will also get higher ratings. This is also the reason why most OS characters will start to degrade from top ranks, but still great units overall.
- FAQ: Why Some Characters Ranks Down? As the game goes on, bosses will get higher HP and durability, so characters that are strong now, might not be that effective in terms of DPS in the future. One other reason is Power Creep, new and stronger characters that can simply out damage top characters.
- Burst DPS Damagers section, now complete, but will get polished soon to reflect better details per character.
- Added new accessory for the next Floor Clearing Event: Traditional Earrings.
- Added stats for Barbarian Mace R4, under Maces and Clubs weapons list (credits to AceTemper).
- Added new Skill Slots and Happy Birthday to Yuuki! ^^- Yuuki [Zekken]: Damage Down during Skill (need more Skill Slot upgrade info per Lvl)
- Yuuki [Natural Pop Star]: Emergency Heal (MP)
- Yuuki [Umbral Flight]: Combo Damage Up
- Refer here for a list of Skill Slots and Stats per Level.
- Added new limited event free Lance weapon under Lance Weapons List and Stats.
- Added new Lance Weapons List and Stats.
- Added new Medal Scout character: Silica [Yearning Blade] under Rank AA DPS and Burst DPS Tier List.
- Added more info on Lance Weapons List and Stats, credits to Antonio Sdino.
- Added new reference videos for ranking event: Battle Against the Goddess
- Updated Skill Slots Info and Stats Per Lvl guide, added tables credits to Toomuchfreetime
- Updated Lisbeth [Fairy Blacksmith] Character Info, credits to Flagrate for the new Skill Slot bonuses.
- Added new Poetry of Constellation banner (Fire Units):
Notable Changes In-Game:
- If you switch while a target enemy is being under several status ailments such as Stun, SS3 will be is used instead of SS1!
- Requirements: SS3 must be unlocked; You need to have enough MP to use SS3; Some SS3s such as healing skill will not be used.
- Did a major update on Burst DPS Tier List. SS3s that are easy to spam will now get higher rating. This is the main reason why OS characters are gradually falling off the charts.
- Updated new Skill Slots: Lisbeth [OS], Lisbeth [Fairy Blacksmith] (incomplete), Lisbeth [Mace Master], Lisbeth [Dark Dancer]. and Lisbeth [MC Performer].
- Refer here for a list of Skill Slots and Stats per Level.
- Rank Up: Lisbeth [Dark Dancer] from DPS Rank B > A.
- Added new Mini Ranking Event: Rage of Salamanders (Master +1) reference videos.
- Rank Down: Kirito [Hero's Return] = From SS > S
- Rank Down: Silica [Dragon Caster] = From AA > A
- Added new character tags: [Candidate for Rank Down!] = Means when a stronger banner or characters sets a new record high, these candidates will likely rank down due to "Power Creep".
- Added new Mini Ranking Event: Rage of Salamanders (Master +1) reference videos.
- Updated some guides: Best Ways To Spend Diamonds (F2P Guide)
- Added new "Beautiful Girls Playing in the Water" banner characters under Rank S and AA (DPS Tier List).
- Added Suguha and Lisbeth under Rank S (Burst DPS Tier List), Philia will be added soon.
- Added new "Beautiful Girls Playing in the Water" banner weapons.
- New Water Banner characters, under review, good luck to us all. ^^
- Added new Water element Armor and Accessory.
- Added new free limited character Sphica [Hide-and-seek Girl], under DPS Tier List - Rank C.
- New upcoming Water banner characters, check in-game Notices for more info.
- These lists will show you how good your characters are when used in team fights, using SS3s alone to nuke out Bosses like in ranking events.
- Only Rank SS and S for now, other Rank lists will get posted anytime these week. Good Luck! ^^
- New upcoming free character: Sphica [Hide-and-seek Girl], will get reviewed tomorrow. ^^
- Added info on where ranks are based upon. Please note that these tier lists are for reference only, rank basis is a work in progress, and will never be final.
- Added new Wind Maids weapons.
- Added new Medal Scout character: Lisbeth [Genius of Swordsmith] under DPS Tier List - Rank C.
- Added Alicization Vol. 2 characters: Alice [Golden Knight] and Eugeo [Blue Silver Knight] under Rank S DPS Tier List.
- Added new event armor and accessories for Eugeo and Alice.
- Added new reference videos for Maid to Fight (Master +1) ranking event.
- Added Wind Characters under DPS Tier List: Asuna and Yuuki.
- New Medal Scout unit and Alicization Vol. 2 characters under review.
- Added Wind Characters: Leafa, Rain, Sinon, and Seven. Asuna and Yuuki are still under review.
- New Wind Characters under review, another 6 units banner~good luck guys! ^^
- Added new Armor (Apron Dress) and Accessory (White Hat).
- DPS Tier List: Added more details and info per character.
- Added new character list: Notable Tanks and Damage Mitigators
- Added more reference video links for Onikiri Master+1 Ranking Event.
- Other Note: Sailor-Suited characters are broken. We are aware that they can continue combos even if they get a clean hit, but we'll consider this as an in-game bug for now because there are no info about this.
- Some typos fixed.
- Under review with New Skill Slots: Kirito [Black Swordsman] and Yuuki [Zekken].
- Review results: Ranks still the same. Kirito [BS]' SS3 Enhance Lvl 2 attack acceleration didn't improve his SS3's duration...unless it's a bug.
- Added new FAQ Guide: Floor Clearing Event - FAQs and Tips
- Added more ranking event videos for A Witch To Destroy Fairyland (Master +1)
- Rank Up: Silica [Foxy Priestess] from C > B (will scale Lvl 100 Stats instead of Lvl 80).
- Rank Down: Yuna [AR Idol] from B > C (all free characters will get reviewed again).
- Removed Burst Damagers Tier List for now, refer to DPS Tier List's (Support Nukers).
- RANK UP!: Leafa [Storm Mage] = From B > A!
- Added new Skill Slots: Leafa [Storm Mage] and Leafa [Void Runner].
- Added new Medal Scout character: Leafa [Swift Fast Heroine]; New Medal Scout Characters' Skill Slots included.
- New Medal Scout character/s under review.
- Major Update to out DPS Tier List: Also added new AA Tier List + Support Nukers to make things clearer.
- Burst Damagers Tier List will get updated soon, we need to polish our DPS Tier List for now.
- Updated Support Characters List
- Added Rank D under Rank C DPS Tier List.
- New ranking event videos for A Witch To Destroy Fairyland (Master +1)
- Added new Fairyland weapons.
- Added new Fairyland characters under DPS Tier List.
- Note: With these new characters, our DPS Tier Lists has increased their Rank Brackets, so some units will Rank Down or Rank Up (will update as we go, check here for updates).
- Rank Down: Yui [Up-and-Coming Tiny Idol] > from SS > S. Sorry guys looks like the overwhelming scores of the Fairyland characters pushed her down out of their bracket. XD
- New Fairyland series characters still under review, looks like tier lists will get shaken up because of these girls, especially now that Massive Elemental Damages > Combo Window or even Combos, just saying.... we'll see.
- New Fairyland series characters under review, wish us luck, another 6 units banner, phew~.
- Added new guide about combos, to clarify things and to answer questions related to combos: How to Maintain and Avoid Breaking Combos
- Updated DPS Tier Lists, Finishers can now be considered as Starters because some or most units doesn't have Combo Window to help maintain combos, but they can still be used as Finishers if done right (switching without breaking combos).
- Moved Yui [Idol] and Philia [Sailor] from Finisher to Starter due to lack of combo window.
- Added Burst Rank tab under List of Support Units and Tier List
- Rank Update: Asuna [Idol] Burst Damage from Rank B > A (rank range increased).
- Added new info guide: Weapon and Item Exchange Shops Info and FAQs under FAQs Section.
- Added new info guide for team building: Best Ways To Spend Diamonds (F2P Guide)
- Added new info guide: How To Find and Calculate MP Gain
- Added new team run (43 sec Clear Time 2.42M Score) for Pop Star Online Part 2 Ranking Event.
- Made some major revisions on Burst Damagers Tier List; Also added Sailor-Suited characters.
- Added new Sailor-Suited characters to DPS Tier List.
- Sailor-Suited Burst Damagers Tier List - will update later.
- Added Sailor Suit R4 Armor
- Added Bear Cub Keyring R4 Accessory
- New "Sailor-Suited" characters under review, tier ranks coming soon.
- Added new team run (30 sec Clear Time 2.48M Score) for Pop Star Online Part 2 Ranking Event.
- Added 2 mini guides under "Other FAQs", since we are taking a lot of questions regarding these topics.
- How to Unlock GGO or Other Story Modes?
- How to Play SAO: MD on PC?
- Added in-game notice (announcement and bugs) web view under Changelogs and Links.
- Created Changelog and Updates Section, you can now view all changes and info here! We'll do our best to keep you guys updated on what is going on with our SAO: MD fan site. ^^
- Suggested by: "Popular demand"
- Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag - FAQs, Tips and Re-Roll Guide
- Sword Art Online: MD - Terminologies and Team Building Guide