This tier list will show you how good your 6 star characters are when it comes to burst damages and ranking events.
- For best results, use vs their counter element and with teams. For beginners with limited number of characters, aim for a high ranked Dagger, Lance, Rapier, Dual, or Sword wielder that can also generate combos.
Rank [S] 6* Burst DPS Damagers for Ranking Events
Other Useful Lists:- Character List (Element, Stats and Info)
- 6* Burst DPS Tier List (Ranking Events)
- 6* Characters Tier List (Overall)
- 5* Burst DPS Tier List (Ranking Events)
- 5* Characters Tier List (Overall)
- 4* Burst DPS Tier List (Ranking Events)
- 4* Characters Tier List (Overall)
Wide AoE Nukers and/or Combo Generators- Note: Units with high Hits/Sec on their SS3s are great combo builders vs mobs. The effectiveness of mob clearing units depends on how the mobs are spaced out.
None at the moment...
|DPS Ratings |
Nukers and Combo Generators- Units with high Hits/Sec on their SS3s. Can be used anytime during battle, but more effective if used from the start to generate fast combos (against single targets like bosses).
None at the moment...
|DPS Ratings |
Support Nukers- Characters with average or low Hits/Sec on their SS3s, using ranged or slow speed weapons. Still strong characters especially against their counter elements, best played with combo generators to deal stronger nukes at higher combo counts.
|DPS Ratings |
|11 Hits |
|*Leader Skill: |
|Combo Window: Passive||Single Target|
|SS3 Notes||- [MP:100], [Auto Heal], [Ends behind target at mid-ranged position], [Skill: Charging Skill], [Targets: Ground and Midair Enemies] |
- Combo Partner: [Neutral Element] - Increases damage by 5% vs Neutral Element.
Support Characters- DO NOT limit your team by only using high DPS units, also consider using Support units like Debuffers.
- Characters that focuses on inflicting status effects like Stuns are also effective as support/utility units, depending on your current character pool and/or battle situation.
Rankings Are Based On:Lvl 80 Character Stats (Lvl 100 for Free Characters).
- Note that Ranking Event limited characters will get higher stat bonuses than Gacha characters when limit breaking.
SS3 Attack Duration (Seconds):
- SS3 Attack Duration in seconds (6* characters above will adapt in-game time, not real time).
- #.#sec* = Average Time. Dual Wielders (and some units) will get Max/Min speed depending on combos (10~50) but will only consider their average speed and DPS.
- (Hits/Sec) determines how fast they can generate combos "per target".
Ranking Event - Burst DPS:
- Overall Damage Output/Sec (including buffs, defense debuffs, non-elemental damage multipliers, crit damage, and more). Tested on a null enemy (no elemental advantage) with same armor rating, without gears. Elemental damage multipliers will be calculated according to their overall DPS rating.
- Combo Generation and "how easy" SS3s can be spammed will affect DPS Ratings.
Ranking Event - Mob Clearing:
- Heavily based on their AoE Range (considering all skills) and Speed.
- We will not consider Mob Clearing as ranking basis for now because it would be unfair for other limited ranged units.
Support Units that can buff, debuff enemies, or heal your team won't affect their rankings for now, since these characters' effectiveness also depends on their teammates' strengths.
- Please note that these Tier Lists are for reference only, ranking basis is a work in progress and will never be final. It's not 100% accurate, but we'll do our best to polish the guides.
Other Helpful Notes
Character Rankings: Order List- Ordered By: Category > Combo Generation (Hits/Sec) > Faster Weapon Type > Name
- Characters under same rank are not always treated as on par, because they also have different roles, which will also require different playing styles.
Elemental Bonuses and Weaknesses
- Fire > Wind > Earth > Water > Fire (Holy < > Dark)
- Characters with an Element that is in a disadvantage (except Holy/Dark) can only deal 75% damage.
- Note that OS Characters and some selected characters have a Battle Skill or Skill Slot that increases their damages against Neutral element enemies.
Recommended Guides To Read
How To Obtain Specific 6* Characters?
- Mostly from Gacha Scout (check "characters and rates" option under the featured banners for more info on which characters are available).
- Medal Scout/Ticket Scout: Limited characters that can be obtained from Ranking Events (gets a different image thumbnail), upgrade to 6* if available.
- Limited Events: Free 6* or 5* (upgradeable) characters via limited events.
Final Notes:- The list above isn't absolute, if we missed some info regarding their SS3's performance like range or extra effects for example, please notify us below, thanks!
- For new characters or banners, please check the Changelog and Updates Section.
- Enjoy! ^^
Related Sword Art Online: MD Tips & Guides:
- Sword Art Online: MD - Terminologies and Team Building Guide
- Sword Art Online: MD - How to Defeat Ranking Event Bosses (Master+1)