Here's a guide and tips on how to build up Ranger's stats, skills and talents in the action adventure MMORG mobile game app Lumia Saga.
Ranger is a ranged type character that uses physical attacks and skills to deal massive damages to enemies. Popular among players that prefers to play using combo attacks.
< Go Back to Lumia Saga Guides List
DPS Ranger- For this Ranger build, your focus is to deal high DPS and Burst damages to enemies using Ranger Imprints. Note that you need to balance Energy Gain and Skill Usage to maintain high DPS, refer to the Talents and Skill Builds for more info.
Stats to Focus On:
- HASTE = To increase attack speed, DPS, Energy gain. Note that Haste's potential will increase the longer the battle goes, because you'll get more hits overtime (tested frame by frame + timer). Limited potential for PVP though, but still decent for this build since you are heavily dependent to your normal attacks to proc Ranger Imprints. Just cap is to 20%~25% (Rangers also have bonus passive HASTE stats).
- Energy Reduction = To reduce Energy requirement of skills.
- DODGE = To help increase survivability. Not really good for early game, but gets better as you level up higher. Really helpful to lessen damages from heavy ranged attacks and stand your ground!
- HIT and Accuracy = Additional stats mainly for PVP. HIT to decrease DODGE rate, and Accuracy to decrease BLOCK rate.
- Resilience and CRIT Defense = Resilience to decrease CRIT rate, and CRIT Defense to reduce CRIT Trauma of incoming attacks.
Other Info:- LIFE, PHY.DEF, and MAG.DEF = Depends on your upgrades from other sources.
- Penetrate = Eagle Stares Skill Book can cover this, but still get some from other sources like Gems to get extra passive damages.
- CD Speed-up = This is ok for a PVP focused build, but you'll need to sacrifice other important stats.
- Note: Stats not included above are also ok, if you think it's best for your character, just take note that too much diversification would also result some stats to fall short.
- PVP would also depend on the meta game, so adjust some of your stats if needed especially for late game.
DPS Ranger Stats Build
- PVE Build = Better for early to mid game, and since PVP stats are useless at this point because of the unfair PVP matching, and lower defense type stats. Focus your Gems for late game PVP builds though.
- PVP Build = Better once you are able to reach higher levels, and start to get some PVP wins (mid to late game). Defense type stats are also high at this point.
Weapon- Focus on: CRIT, CRIT Trauma, and HASTE
- 4th Stat (PVE): ATK
- 4th Stat (PVP): HIT or Accuracy (If both are not needed, get Penetrate)
- Note: Cap HASTE to 20%~25%, replace some HASTE with any 4th Stat Above if it exceeds the cap.
Jewelries (Ring, ACC, and Necklace)- Focus on: ATK and CRIT
- 3rd and 4th Stat (PVE): HASTE and Penetrate
- 3rd and 4th Stat (PVP): HIT and Resilience
- Note: Cap HASTE to 20%~25%, replace some HASTE with HIT or Resilience if it exceeds the cap.
Garb- Focus on: CRIT and DODGE
- 4th Stat (PVE): HASTE and Penetrate
- 4th Stat (PVP): CRIT Defense and Accuracy (If Accuracy is not needed, get HASTE)
- Note: Cap HASTE to 20%~25%, replace some HASTE with Accuracy or Penetrate if it exceeds the cap.
Accessories (Waist, Shoes and Gloves)- Focus on: DODGE, Energy Reduction, and HP Recovery
- 4th Stat (PVE): LIFE, PHY.DEF or MAG.DEF
- 4th Stat (PVP): Accuracy
Quick Stats Summary Lvl 50+- With the Stats above and Talents below (plus other basic light upgrades), you should have the following stats (minimum targets) around Lvl 50+, increase them as you go higher and unlock new tier of Magic Cores or Enhancements.
- CRIT = 30%+ (increase as high as possible, with CRIT +10% Talent. One way is to buy Starstones from the Store with Crystals. Get free Crystals by completing your Daily Activity Level in the Event Center)
- CRIT Trauma = 160%+
- Energy Reduction = 10%+
- DODGE = 15%+
- Haste = Just cap it to 20%~25% (without Haste Talent, increase with some Gems, note that Rangers have bonus Haste stats)
- Penetrate = 10%+ (Increase higher with Gems and from other sources, cap it to 15%)
- HP Recovery = 7500+ (Decent stat for soloing and during PVP + Pots)
- HIT = 110%+ (PVP)
- Resilience = 20%+ (PVP)
- Accuracy = 10%+ (PVP)
- CRIT Defense = 10%+ (PVP)
- *ATK, LIFE, PHY.DEF, and MAG.DEF = Depends on your upgrades from other sources like Gems, Runes, Pets, Adventurer Abilities, Tech Tree, Enhancements, Outfits and more.
Ranger Skill Build
Ideal Battle Style: Semi Auto- As much as possible, avoid tanking and taking damages, use your range, go to the sides or back of the Boss to avoid direct attacks for example. Manually dodge strong AoE attacks, learn their attack patterns.
- NOTE: Set the correct auto cast trigger conditions to help you spam skills! Please note that in-order for this build to work, you must follow the recommended parameters below.
Steady Shot- Ranger's normal attacks have excellent DPS (similar to Cluster Arrows being spammed), also used to regain Energy to spam all Burst Skills, and to inflict Ranger Imprints.
Ranger Skills Set-up:
- DPS is luck based since you need to wait for Ranger Imprints to maximize your damages (+25% damage, only uses 1 Ranger Imprint each use).
- TIP: While Auto-cast is ON, you can actually manually use your Cluster Arrow skill when:
- 1) Burst Arrow's +20% damage Burn Out buff is active (if target also have 1 Ranger Imprint, this skill will deal +45% damage! Even better if it crits + Vital Blow talent to increase critical damage).
- 2) Target have 1 Ranger Imprint. Do not use it though if Burst Arrow is about to complete it's CD.
- 3) Energy is almost full (with or without Ranger Imprint). No Energy parameter for this skill, so you need to use it manually.
- Frost Arrow = Not recommended, focus on using your combo skills to efficiently use your Energy.
- Multishots = Auto-cast
- Buff skill (8 sec duration), also adds AoE effect to your normal attacks, Frost Arrow, and Piercing Arrow skills, good for clearing mobs (up to 3 targets).
- Learn Concentration Talent to add +15% Crit Rate buff for 8 sec. This is also a nice for PVP to help ignore some Resilience stats of enemies!
- Piercing Arrow = Auto-cast (Energy is higher than 0%)
- Low DPS but this skill got high total DoT (damage over time). Spam to get additional damages while doing combos.
- Burst Arrow = Auto-cast (Ranger Imprint exceeds 1)
- Long CD, but deals high burst damage, with extra Burn Out buff that gives +20% damage to all attacks for 8 seconds (must consume 1 Ranger Imprint to activate). Spam all skills to take advantage of this buff.
- Example Combos (PVE):
- Inflict 1~2 Ranger Imprint > Multishots > Burst Arrow > Spam Cluster Arrow (best with Ranger Imprints), Piercing Arrow, and normal attacks! (can also be done using Auto-cast).
- Inflict 1 Ranger Imprint > Multishots > Burst Arrow > Piercing Arrow > Rune Skill! > Spam Cluster Arrow (best with Ranger Imprints), Piercing Arrow, and normal attacks! (can also be done using Auto-cast, just use your Rune skill after Burst Arrow).
DPS Ranger Talents Build
Talents To Get:
- Test them by entering Team Instances and Bosses that you can solo for example.
- Lvl 40: Crit = To increase Crit Rate, and effectively use Vital Blow talent.
- Lvl 45: Concentration = To increase Crit Rate, and effectively use Vital Blow talent. This is also a nice buff for PVP to help ignore some Resilience stats of enemies!
- Lvl 50: Gunpowder Experts = Helps decrease CD of your Burst Arrow skill.
- Lvl 50: Energetic = Alternative Talent to get once you are able to get a Eagle Stares (Skill Book), use for PVP.
Jump Back Shot and Eagle Stares- 2 optional skills that can be learned after obtaining their Skill Books, tap "Source" in-game to check how to get them. Experiment together with your existing skills, and use if you like.
- TIP: Save your Gold to buy these items from the Store > Trading if you can't get them from drops.
Jump Back Shot- Mainly used for PVP as an escape mechanism, to avoid melee enemies while spamming skills.
- NOTE: Replace your Piercing Arrow skill with this skill for PVP, if you want to use.
- This will enable you inflict 2 Ranger Imprints to the target to quickly spam your skills, also reduces Defense of target by 50% (nicely covers your Penetration stats).
- Example Combos (PVP):
- Multishots > Eagle Stares > Burst Arrow > Spam Cluster Arrows and normal attacks!
- Inflict 1 Ranger Imprint > Multishots > Eagle Stares > Burst Arrow > Rune Skill! > Spam Cluster Arrows (best with Ranger Imprints) and normal attacks!
- NOTE: If you will use both Skill Books above, also replace Multishots skill for PVP, then learn Unbelievable Moves Talent if you like.
Other Info- Please note that these are just suggestions, you are free to mix and match according to your play-style or preference (including PVP). Just remember that you need to balance your Energy gain and Skill usage to maintain high DPS.
- NOTE: Due to the current PVP matching system, it's better to wait until your Lvl is high enough to get better chances of winning, but at least do some PVP tasks to get rewards.
< Go Back to Lumia Saga Guides List