Here's a guide and tips on how to build up Scholar's stats, skills and talents in the action adventure MMORG mobile game app Lumia Saga.
Scholar is a range type character that uses magical attacks and skills to deal damages to enemies. Popular character class for players that likes to deal massive single target burst damages!
< Go Back to Lumia Saga Guides List
High Burst DPS Scholar- For this Scholar build, your focus is to use normal attacks as your basic source of DPS while unleashing massive Burst Damages vs single targets and spamming AoE skills to clear enemy mobs.
Stats to Focus On:
- HASTE = To increase attack speed, DPS, and Energy gain, also decreases casting time.
- Penetrate = Nice stat to increase damage against high DEF enemies.
- Energy Reduction = To reduce Energy requirement of skills.
- DODGE = To help increase survivability. Not really good for early game, but gets better as you level up higher. Really helpful to lessen damages from heavy ranged attacks and stand your ground!
- HIT and Accuracy = Additional stats mainly for PVP. HIT to decrease DODGE rate, and Accuracy to decrease BLOCK rate.
- Resilience and CRIT Defense = Resilience to decrease CRIT rate, and CRIT Defense to reduce CRIT Trauma of incoming attacks.
Other Info:- LIFE, PHY.DEF, and MAG.DEF = Depends on your upgrades from other sources.
- CD Speed-up = Ok for Skill Books, but since Arcane Blast's buff is luck based, 2 seconds reduction to Skill Book skills might, or might not be useful (maybe better at Lvl 70+ to get higher reduction).
- Note: Stats not included above are also ok, if you think it's best for your character, just take note that too much diversification would also result some stats to fall short.
- PVP would also depend on the meta game, so adjust some of your stats if needed especially for late game.
Burst DPS Scholar Stats Build
Weapon- Focus on: ATK, CRIT, HASTE, and CRIT Trauma
- Penetrate is also a good alternative here to CRIT Trauma, if you don't have any yet, or if you still got low CRIT rate.
Jewelries (Ring, ACC, and Necklace)- Focus on: CRIT, HASTE, and Penetrate
- 4th Stat: ATK, HIT or Resilience
- Optional: If you miss a lot in PVP, replace some of your ATK or Penetrate stats here with HIT.
- Optional: If your character is struggling from Critical attacks in PVP, replace some of your ATK or Penetrate stats here with Resilience (get at least 4 Resilience stats to get 10% at Lvl 50+).
- Alternatively, you can get HIT and Resilience from other sources instead.
Garb- Focus on: CRIT, HASTE, Penetrate and DODGE
- DODGE will start to proc better once you reach at least Lvl 50+ Magic Core stats.
- Optional: If you are still getting some critical attacks in PVP, replace HASTE with CRIT Defense, to decrease CRIT Trauma of enemies.
- Alternatively, you can get CRIT Defense from other sources instead.
Accessories (Waist, Shoes and Gloves)- Focus on: LIFE, DODGE, Accuracy and Energy Reduction
Quick Stats Summary Lvl 50+- With the Stats above and Talents below (plus other basic light upgrades), you should have the following stats (minimum targets) around Lvl 50+, increase them as you go higher and unlock new tier of Magic Cores or Enhancements.
- CRIT = 25%+ (increase as high as possible, without CRIT +10% Talent. One way is to buy Starstones from the Store with Crystals. Get free Crystals by completing your Daily Activity Level in the Event Center)
- CRIT Trauma = 160%+
- Haste = 10% (or close, this should be enough for Scholar, for now)
- Penetrate = 15%+ (increase higher with Gems, with no Centrifugal Force Talent)
- Energy Reduction = 10%+ (without Reduction Talent)
- DODGE = 15%+
- Accuracy = 10%+
- HIT = 110%+ (if chosen)
- Resilience = 10%+ (if chosen, adjust depending on CRIT of players in PVP. Reduce at least 1/3, or more if you want)
- CRIT Defense = 10%+ (if chosen)
- *ATK, LIFE, PHY.DEF, and MAG.DEF = Depends on your upgrades from other sources like Gems, Runes, Pets, Adventurer Abilities, Tech Tree, Enhancements, Outfits and more.
Burst DPS Scholar Talents Build
Talents To Get:
- Test them by entering Team Instances and Bosses that you can solo for example.
- Lvl 40: Cunning = This will remove the cast time of your normal attacks, a must have Talent to spam normal attacks and trigger the Overloaded talent asap. Even with -50% damage reduction, your normal attack's DPS is still very high.
- Lvl 45: Secret Power = HASTE stat's reduction bonus to "cast time" is terrible, so better get this to increase DPS and to ensure that you can cast Arcane Blast under the given time.
- Lvl 45: Reduction = Get this if your Energy Reduction is still low especially early game, to help you spam fully powered Arcane Blasts.
- Lvl 50: Focus = Get this if you don't have any unlocked Skill Book. Check Skill Books section below for more info for the other Talents here.
Burst DPS Scholar Skill Build
Ideal Battle Style: Semi Auto- Just use your range and as much as possible, avoid taking damages, go to the sides of the Boss to avoid direct attacks for example. Manually dodge strong AoE and ranged attacks, learn attack patterns.
- NOTE: Set the correct auto cast trigger conditions to help you spam skills! Please note that in-order for this build to work, you must follow the recommended parameters below.
Secret Missiles- This is your basic source of DPS, and to refill your Energy fast with Arcane Recoil talent. Also learn the Cunning talent to remove the casting time and use your HASTE stats to increase Attack Speed instead.
Scholar Skills Set-up:
- Adjust depending on your Energy Reduction (300 + Arcane Blast's Energy requirement, divide by 10 = then minus 1). This will auto-cast Arcane Blast with or without Overloaded Buff.
- Arcane Blast is your best nuke, DPS however depends on luck (25% chance to trigger Overloaded Buff) but still very good when paired with high DPS normal attacks.
- Note: By default, Arcane Blast requires 250 Energy to cast, then for every 100 energy spent, Arcane Blast's damage will increase by 30%, up to 90% (need additional 300 Energy). So, it's best to cast Arcane Blast when you have at least 550 Energy (can be reduced with Energy Reduction stats).
- Example: With 18,000 ATK and 170% CRIT Trauma, your burst damage should be around 171,000 (base damage, no buffs and debuffs) and can do 290,000 Critical damage!
- Arcane Blast will get even more insane damages when paired with Buffs and Debuffs, check Skill Book section below for more info.
- Apex Shockwave = Manual or Auto-cast (Meditation exceeds Any layer)
- Use only as your additional burst damage. Turn off Auto-cast for this skill if you just want to focus on triggering Overloaded Buff with normal attacks.
- Black Hole and Arcane Explosion = Manual
- Spam these 2 skills instead of your Arcane Blast when clearing mobs, Arcane Explosion gets better DPS if used against 3 or more targets.
- Black Hole requires 0 Energy, nice additional damage like Apex Shockwave when using auto cast, unless you just want to focus on triggering Overloaded Buff with normal attacks.
- Secret Tremor = Manual or Auto Cast (Target is at least 3.2 meters away)
- Better use for PVP to knock back melee enemies.
Arcane Condensation and Secret Constraint- 2 optional skills that can be learned after obtaining their Skill Books, tap "Source" in-game to check how to get them. Experiment together with your existing skills, and use if you like.
- TIP: Save your Gold to buy these items from the Store > Trading if you can't get them from drops.
Arcane Condensation- Learn Energy Stream to add +50% damage to your attacks. This one only lasts 3 seconds, so once your Overloaded Arcane Blast is ready, activate Arcane Condensation then fire Arcane Blast to unleash a massive damage!
- Example: With 18,000 ATK and 170% CRIT Trauma, your Arcane Blast's burst damage should be around 250,000 and can do 425,000 Critical damage!
- Note: To increase it even more, you'll need to team-up with other characters to get Buffs, and to let them inflict Debuffs to the target to increase damages. This way it's possible to reach around 600,000~700,000 or more Critical damage!
- Optional: You can also use Food Items that temporarily increases ATK for example, and/or use Magic Core skills (like Puppet Power) that increases damages ~ to possibly hit 1,000,000 Critical Damage!
Secret Constraint- Control+Resilience reduction if Soul Disruption Talent is learned! This is an awesome Skill for PVP to give you and your team higher chance to land Critical attacks and damages. CD is too long though, so use it wisely.
Other Info- Please note that these are just suggestions, you are free to mix and match according to your play-style or preference (including PVP). Just remember that you need to balance your Energy gain and Skill usage to maintain high DPS.
- NOTE: Due to the current PVP matching system, it's better to wait until your Lvl is high enough to get better chances of winning, but at least do some PVP tasks to get rewards.
< Go Back to Lumia Saga Guides List