Here's some quick tips and guide on how to survive and win Brawl Star's Showdown event mode (Double Trouble Map), in the fast-paced multiplayer online battle arena mobile game app for Android and iOS players.
Before anything else, also refer to our guide here for basic info on Showdown, I will no longer explain some of them on this guide. Link here: Brawl Stars: How To Survive, Win, and Farm Trophies in Showdown
Solo Showdown Map List:
Solo Showdown (Double Trouble Map)
Quick Map Details:
Spawn Points- Spawn points are fairly located near the corners and sides of the map.
Boxes and Power Cubes- Scattered across the map but spawns randomly. If you are unlucky, you won't get any boxes near your spawn point and need to move towards the center or other areas just to get them. Some locations will spawn 1 or more than usual.
- The center area will definitely get lots of boxes though so expect an early match.
- Memorize their locations to help you decide where to go early on. Watch the "Map Preview" right from the start to check the locations of the boxes.
Other Map Details- Map is more open, fewer obstacles than most maps, and those bushes can be easily scouted, so in general, I would recommend ranged Brawlers here.
- As the poison clouds closes in towards the center, the lower part of the available area still got some more space to move, which is much safer. Avoid the top most part if possible to avoid getting sandwiched unless you have high Power Lvl and Power Cubes.
Suggested Brawlers for Farming Trophies
Camper Mode (All Brawlers)- Yup, this map can be played by any Brawlers. Your aim here is to farm Trophies so getting 2nd~5th is totally fine.
- Recommended Power Lvl: At least 6 or 7 for 380+ Trophies.
- If you have patience, getting 10th, 9th, or even 8th isn't common here, unless unlucky and got chased early on. Another reason is because aggressive players will go to the center area right away to grab those Power Cubes, and would likely end up fighting each other or force someone to retreat with low HP.
- TIP: If you find your matches somewhat toxic because of team-ups, or maybe most players are also camping - making it harder for you to farm trophies, try to play again after some time to reshuffle competing players.
Your Aim (Quick Tips and Strategies)- Grab Power Cubes that you can (sacrifice boxes if being chased by someone stronger) and try to charge up your Super early on (don't harass them too much or they might chase you non-stop). Hide, attack if needed, and survive until there are only around 6 left, then go a bit aggressive or continue hiding.
- Avoid getting sandwiched or trapped, transfer quickly to a not so crowded area early on if needed.
- Camping here would need some luck, because ranged Brawlers can easily scout all bushes. Your best area would be the bottom part of the map, or if you are feeling lucky, you can hide near the center of the map.
- Moving from bushes to bushes can be tricky, so always watch enemy movements to learn when to move. Example: When they are no enemies nearby or while they are fighting.
- Once those poison clouds closes in to the center, keep hidden if possible to avoid enemy auto attacks, and use those obstacles as shield. Pick your fights well, if possible, try to wait for them to hit each other first before joining in.
Camper Mode (Range+HP)
- Same strategy above.
- Most of the time, the end game would be a 4 or 5 way stand-offs, so having a range and decent HP is an advantage (Upgrades and Power Cubes). They would usually go and kill off low HP Brawlers first.
Camper Mode (HP+Move Speed)
- Same strategy above but this time if you get spotted, use your move speed to dodge and escape from long ranged attacks. Do not run in a straight line to be less predicable.
- Breaking boxes should be fast for these guys so use that and try to grab some at the center if you can.
- You'll be in a disadvantage once the fight is taken to the center because of your range, so use those obstacles and remaining bushes to your advantage. If you can survive well, getting top 5 should come smoothly.
- Note: This map is ok but there are better maps for these guys, especially if you have great upgrades. Darryl however can be good here to pick off squishy or low HP targets (best if you have his Star Power unlocked).
Aggressive Mode (Ranged or Range+Move Speed)
- Recommended Power Lvl: At least 6 or 7 for 380+ trophies.
- For Brawlers having a nice move speed and range is even better here because you can escape from melee Brawlers or easily chase targets. Move Speed would also let you run faster towards the center to break even more boxes.
Auto and Manual Aiming (Quick Tips)- Playing range brawlers needs player skill to aim well and hit your attacks, practice first if you like.
- Never use auto aim from a far location trying to attack a moving target, it will likely miss. Use manual aiming and adjust your target line to where they are going (also depends on bullet speed).
- TIP: For Colt that can do multiple hits per attack, it is best to also match the movement of your target after firing an attack, this would help land all hits.
- Use manual aiming when scouting bushes as well, and move while shooting to cover more space. Recommended for attacks that dishes multiple bullets like Colt.
- For single bullet attacks, use fast multiple attacks to scout bushes thoroughly (ex: Brock).
- Note that hiding enemies can dodge your attacks if they are predictable, attack the same spot if needed.
- Auto-aim is good for those that are running away from you, they usually run in a straight line. Also use if they are near and have no time to aim, or if they are running towards you.
Your Aim (Quick Tips and Strategies)- Grab Power Cubes that you can and try to charge up your Super early on. Don't harass them too much or they might chase you non-stop, unless you are confident that you can win against.
- Avoid getting sandwiched or trapped, transfer quickly to a not so crowded area if needed.
- Map Control: Control the area you are in to force other Brawlers to move away and disrupt other campers or players. Ambush players to trap them, or attack and sandwich brawlers that are being attacked.
- Once those poison clouds closes in to the center, keep hidden if possible to avoid enemy auto attacks, and use those obstacles as shield. Do not let anyone come near you, kill them off asap.
- You have lower max HP so they might target you first, so pick your fights well and quickly lower someone else HP.
Double Trouble Special Events
Showdown and Energy Drink
- Can be used as an ambush tool, if it spawned near your location while hiding - grab and kill.
- This is also good news for campers because matches will go faster! If it spawned near your location, you can try your luck and don't grab, to let them know that there are no one else around.