Here's some tips and guide on how to build teams in the RPG mobile game Yokai: Spirit Hunt.
Refer below to learn the different Types and Races of Yokais, Racial Counters to determine which race to use against certain races, basic team building and team synergies, and some quick battle tips.
< Go Back to Yokai: Spirits Hunt Guides List
Different Types of Yokai
Shield Type- Spread Melee: Attacks 1 tile in front and sides (3 Tiles total).
- Evolve to T3: Attacks all 4 adjacent tiles (4 Tiles total)
- Usually have high HP and DEF, ideal for characters that focuses on triggering various skill effects to support the team.
- Disadvantage: Usually have lower DPS than others.
Output Type- Melee: Attacks 1 tile in front (1 Tile total).
- Evolve to T3: Attacks 2 straight tiles in front (2 Tiles total).
- Disadvantage: Limited range and positioning, need to evolve to T3 to at least increase range (highly recommended).
Range Type- Range: Attacks 1 tile in front, range is 2 tiles from position (1 Tile total).
- Evolve to T3: Attacks 3 tiles in front, range is 2 tiles from position (3 Tiles total).
- Disadvantage: Vulnerable from melee attacks, can't attack if too close.
Support Type- Spread: Attacks 2 tiles in front except for the center tile (2 Tiles total).
- Evolve to T3: Attacks all 4 corner tiles near him/her (4 Tiles total).
- Disadvantage: Usually have lower DPS than others, cannot attack adjacent targets (especially in certain maps with lots of pitfalls).
Different Yokai Races- Creatures in the world are divided into immortals, ghosts, demons, fairies and humans.
- Humans can't devour others so you can only use EXP Peaches and Growth items to level them up, or SSR "Sekkanto" units to evolve them (no duplicates).
Racial Counter- Using a character with a racial advantage, would give that character a +25% bonus damage. Use this especially when fighting against tough bosses later on. Aim for at least 1 SSR or SR DPS character per race later on when needed.
- Jiang Zhuo Yue and Ye Ting Ke are your free Human characters which are rare by the way, upgrade them both and use them against Demon race enemies and Bosses.
- For early game, just focus on doing combos to make things easier for now.
4-6 Characters: Team Build (Base)
Basic Team Balancing (4 Characters)
For All Around Use- Get 1 each type (Shield, Output, Range, and Support) as your main 4 characters to be more flexible, most of the time you'll be using 3 characters per attack, unless against Bosses.
- Would recommend at least 2 DPS (Output and/or Range Type), Ye Ting Ke is one, get 1 more or use SR Xiao Qing (free starter character) for now.
- As much as possible always let your key characters attack, like Healers to trigger their skills. If you don't need healing then use your damage dealers or other characters more.
Legendary Yokai/Demon Lords/Bosses- At least build using 2 tanky Healers (preferably Shield or Support Types) and 2 DPS units, preferably T3+ Range/Output Types.
- Optional: Replace 1 Healer with 1 Tank, or add 1 Tank if against normal stage Bosses (Bosses that can move).
For Your 5th and 6th Characters- Add what you need or like, regardless of their type or race, like:
- 1) another Healer to increase Heal potential per round.
- 2) a Buffer (example: All Allies Atk+/Def+) and Debuffer (All Enemies Atk-/Def-).
- 3) a Control character that can inflict stun, sleep, freeze, or similar effects. These guys can also disrupt possible combos of enemies (situational though).
- 4) DoT characters like Poison damagers (great vs high HP/Armor Bosses) and Burn damagers.
- 5) another DPS if you want, or characters that can damage ALL enemies.
- 6) or a character that will trigger team synergies.
- TIP: Switch them depending on the situation or game mode that you are playing.
Character Synergies- Synergies are bonus stats that you can get if all required characters are in play. Note that characters under that synergy list are the only ones that will get the bonus stat, not the whole team.
- Synergy bonuses also stacks but take note that it will only work while in battle.
- If you have all 4 free characters - Kyu-chan, Ye Ting Ke, Kamatsu, and Jiang Zhou Yue. Plus you are able draw Hakutaku from Summons, Ye Ting Ke can get these total Synergy bonus:
- ATK + 25% and CRI+10%
Chongxu Taoist Hall (Training)
Just Focus on Combos (Early Game)- Setup your formation depending on the enemy formation, look for a way to land combo attacks right from the start. Also consider the move range of your characters because it will shrink if you move them closer to the corners or sides, of the map.
Combo or Joint Attacks- Triggers if the attack range of the initiator overlaps other attack ranges of allies.
- Note: The initiator's attack range is the only one that will be followed by allies, overlaps of allies to other allies will not trigger!
Other Battle Quick Tips:
- If you feel your team are struggling to defeat a stage, upgrade them up before advancing to the next one.
- Do not let the enemies build up combos to one of your characters, move them to avoid getting huge damages. Retreat dying units and spam your healer/s to heal them up if needed.
- Always make sure that your team is doing more combos than the enemies.
Optional Tips:- You can also move and let your tanks stay inside the attack range of the enemies, let them target your tank/s to make them stay where they are, then do your combos.
- For bosses they will try to find the best position where they can attack more units, use this to your advantage by positioning your characters where you like the Boss to move and attack.
More Yokai: Spirits Hunt Tips and Guides:
- Devour and Evolve, How To Get More Sekkanto
< Go Back to Yokai: Spirits Hunt Guides List
That's it guys, thank you for checking our Beginner's Team Building Guide - Types and Races for the RPG mobile game - Yokai: Spirits Hunt. Available for Android (Google Play) and iOS (App Store).