Here's a guide on how to Limit Break or Limit Hack your characters in the action RPG mobile game - Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag. Limit Breaking characters will increase their Lvl caps, and will also receive bonus stats depending on which path you choose.
Limit Break Characters!
- In the Attribute Matrix, Hacking Crystals can be used to perform Limit Breaks. Doing so will raise the upper limit of a character's level, allowing for more ability enhancements.
- Note: You can change the stat whenever you like, but you need to obtain the requirements again.
- It is highly recommended that you only do this to your core 4* characters, to increase their Max Lvl to up to Lvl 100.
- Required items for Limit Breaking your characters.
- When scouting characters, if one you already own appears, you can receive Hacking Crystals instead. The number of crystals received depends on the rarity of the character.
- 2* Characters = x1
- 3* Characters = x2
- 4* Characters = x50
How To Increase Your Chances?
- One tip is to spend your Diamonds on Scout Banners that features only around 4 characters.
- Check the "Characters and Rates" option to double check, if there are only around four 4* characters on the list, then that's the banner that you should try pulling.
- Some banners will also give higher chance to some selected 4* characters. This is ok, but the above option is better.
- Note that Scouting requires a lot of Diamonds, because the percentage chance of getting a 4* character is only 4%. The more you collect though, the better, so it's ok to pull 2* and 3* units too.
Limit Breaking Event Based Characters!
- Note: Only the game devs knows when these limited events will return.
Which Character to Limit Break?
- Actually depends on your personal preference, but if you want some advice, I would recommended checking our Tier List to check which characters we recommended to limit break right away.
- Check our character rankings here: SAO MD Characters and Tier List
- In case you have multiple characters under rank S or SS for example, go first with the one that has the best weapon.
Which Stat or Path to Choose?
- Stats below are based from FREE units, Gacha characters will get higher stats (around +35% or higher depending on the character).
- Total stats generated are random but still under the same range.
- Attack +60 and Critical +50
- Highly recommended, you will never go wrong here, unless you have a full support unit who doesn't attack much like Asuna [Captive Princess].
- HP +200 and Defense +40
- Not really recommended, because for a game that requires heavy dodging/parrying and fast stage completion, you'll eventually find these added stats kinda lacking...honestly.
- Even for characters that are squishy, these stats won't be enough to save them, better upgrade your gears and learn to dodge well at least.
- MP +7
- This is good but situational, if you are looking here to increase your MP gain, then I won't really recommend, get the MP you need from armors and accessories instead.
- Recommended for Casters or Range units: Get this only if you want to increase your MP pool to fire more SS3s, but before that, better max your character to Lvl 80 and equip some decent gears first (consider all Battle Skills MP+% too).
- Example #1: Check your actual MP during battle, then calculate if you only need some few MP points to push your MP pool and cast 2 or 3 SS3s. If your caster can't reach it, it might be best to choose the Attack path instead.
- Example #2: If you want your caster to cast her 2nd or 3rd SS3 asap and save time, then this is also a good choice. Even better if your character has a Battle Skill with high MP+%.
- This is highly recommended though for full support units that doesn't attack much like Asuna [Captive Princess].
Related Sword Art Online: MD Tips & Guides:
- Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag - FAQs, Tips and Re-Roll Guide
- Sword Art Online: MD - Best 4-Star Characters and Tier List