Here's a game guide on how to create or build up the best Arena, CoF or Raid teams that will fit the mobile gaming style of every player in the thrilling RPG mobile game - Dot Arena. Choose 1 of the recommended formats below, then select your target team members or check which heroes you have available.
«Back to Dot Arena: FAQ, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guides List
- Damage takers or absorbers. Ideally placed in the front lines (some middle heroes can Tank too).
- Their main objective is to stay alive as long as possible.
- Stands for Damage per Second/Strike.
- Damage dealers or nukers, ideally placed at middleor back (some front liners can DPS too).
- I'll call them debuff specialists, heroes that can immobilize enemies and render them useless.
- Heroes with Stun, Silence, Sleep, Freeze, Exile or other similar skills.
- Ideally placed on middle or back positions.
- Heroes that can "Buff" your Hero's or Team's Stats, and Heroes that can Heal.
- Ideally placed on middle or back positions.
- Front, Middle, or Back Heroes, depending on the Hero's natural position.
Team Building Guide: Recommended
- Here's some most commonly used team formats, even Arena top ranked players use them.
General Format: | 1 Tank | 2 DPS | 1 Control | 1 Support |
- Example #1: | Front: 1 Tank | Middle: 1 DPS and 1 Control | Back: 1 DPS and 1 Support |
- Here's the most commonly used hero positioning. You can do your own too, just follow the general format above.
- Example #2a: | Front: 1 Tank and 1 DPS | Middle: 1 DPS and 1 Control | Back: 1 Support |
- Example #2b: | Front: 1 Tank and 1 DPS | Middle: 1 Control | Back: 1 DPS and 1 Support |
- Here you'll see that I used 2 front liners, but it's ok because 1 of them is a DPS type.
3 DPS Format #1: | 1 Tank | 3 DPS | 1 Support |
3 DPS Format #2: | 1 Tank | 3 DPS | 1 Control |
- If you want to use 3 DPS heroes, it's ok as long that you have at least 1 Control or 1 Support hero to cover your team.
- Example #1a: | Front: 1 Tank | Middle: 2 DPS | Back: 1 DPS and 1 Support |
- Example #1b: | Front: 1 Tank and 1 DPS | Middle: 1 DPS | Back: 1 DPS and 1 Support |
- Example #2: | Front: 1 Tank | Middle: 1 DPS and 1 Control | Back: 2 DPS |
Team Building Guide: Not Recommended
Full DPS Format: | 1 Tank | 4 DPS | or | 5 DPS |
- Also known as glass cannon build, yeah they can do lots of damage, but the problem is, if your opponent has a nice Control Hero, you're dead. Chances are, you won't even be able to cast most of your Hero Ultis.
Dual Tank Format: | 2 or more Tanks | +Any
- The problem here is, your Team's DPS output will weaken, and most of the time you'll even lose your 1st or 2 tanks first, before you can take down your enemy's tank. How? One reason is because AOE attacks (or splash damages) are area based, and those 2 tanks will always take damage at the same time.
- There are some exceptions here though, but I only suggest this for experienced players, for newbies, kindly use the simpler ones for now.
Choose 1 of the recommended formats above (I recommend the general format), then select your target team members below, or check which heroes you have available.
- Purple: Tier 1 Heroes = Popular Heroes used mainly in the Arena, and also ok for CoF. The Hot Picks!, but it's not necessary that you group them all, find a team that works together (including Tier 2).
- Blue: Tier 2 Heroes = Heroes that are also ok in the Arena, common but mainly used on certain situations like Raids, CoF or other notable modes, or if you don't have any Tier 1 yet.
- Green: Tier 3 Heroes = Rarely used heroes, only useful on very select situations, or if you don't have any better choice.
- Please note that these ratings will change after hero buff/nerf, or if popularity drastically changes. You are also welcome to suggest the ratings you think is right. ^^
- Front Line Tank Heroes:
- Leo: Most recommended tank especially for Arena because of his Purple Skill Rage (resurrect). What makes him best is because he is farmable from Elite stages.
- Pandor: Yup he is no longer just a notable hero, I'll add this panda here as one of the best tanks for Arena, possibly even better than War Chief at Lvl 80!
- Vincent: Also one of the recommended heroes to get because he can tank CoF stages (works best with Eva). Redeem using points or hire from your Guild.
- Sarpa: Very useful for Guild Raids due to his massive armor reduction.
- [Any Female Tank You Like]: Keep one female hero/god upgraded for completing higher tier female only Trials.
- Front Line Heroes That Are Also Good:
- The Cap'n
- Mid Line Heroes Considered as Tank:
- Middle Line DPS Heroes:
- Abyss (notable hero for CoF)
- Blazer NEW!
- Dawn NEW!
- Back Line DPS Heroes:
- Gyzmo (notable back line destroyer!)
- Front Line Heroes Considered as DPS:
- Blake (notable back line destroyer!)
- Statik (notable hero for CoF)
- Vega (notable DPS hero if you want one)
- Middle Line Control Heroes:
- Front Line Heroes Considered as Control:
- Healers (Note: Healers are not recommended for Arena!)
- Eva (Excellent healer for CoF!)
- Back Line Buff Support Heroes
- Hyral (notable for magic attack teams)
- Middle Line Buff Support Heroes
- New or upcoming heroes (pending review). Suggestions are welcome ^^