Here's a quick guide and tips on how to get or farm Magic (Blue) and Rare (Purple) gears in the RPG mobile game - Yokai: Spirits Hunt.
Refer below to learn how to farm set gears from different modes in the game like 99 Tower, Boss Arena, and by defeating Legendary Yokai or Demon Lords.
< Go Back to Yokai: Spirits Hunt Guides List
Gear Rarity and Types- There are 5 Rarity Types of Gears:
- Normal > Mystic > Magic > Rare > Legend
Yokai Lvl Requirements- Not all gears can be equipped by any Yokai, you need to check the Lvl requirement first, unless you want to farm them for later use.
- T1 Yokai can only equip Lvl 1~10 Gears.
- T2 Yokai can only equip Lvl 1~15 Gears.
- T3 Yokai can only equip Lvl 1~20 Gears.
- T4 Yokai can only equip Lvl 1~25 Gears.
- T5 Yokai can only equip Lvl 1~30 Gears.
- You can still get lower Lvl Gears but with higher Rarity.
Set Effects- Set Effect is an additional stat bonus that can be activated once all 3 specific gears are equipped by the character. Use this as a quick guide to know which gears are best for your character's role in battle.
- Set Effects are only available from Mystic gears and above.
- Not all gears have set effects.
- To view all gears available in the game, including their set effects, go to "Album" > "Gear" > "Set Overview" in-game (camp screen).
Farming Magic Blue Set Gears
Early Game- Just get what you can for now until you are able to get full Normal and/or Mystic gears to your main characters. Focus on set effects once you can farm Magic gears or higher, then pass your weaker gears to your backup characters.
Challenge: 99 Tower- This is probably the easiest way to get Magic gears if you want them asap. Use the recommended Lvl in-game as your guide when entering Floors, or once your team starts to struggle, better upgrade them before continuing.
Recommended Sets:- Floors 13~15: Drops Lvl 10 Magic gears that gives CRIT+21% set bonus.
- Floors 19~21: Drops Lvl 20 Magic gears that gives ATK+24% set bonus.
- Floors 22~24: Drops Lvl 15 Magic gears that gives HP+21% set bonus.
- Floors 25~27: Drops Lvl 20 Magic gears that gives Poison+1% set bonus.
- Floors 28&29: Drops Lvl 15 Magic gears that gives ATK+21% set bonus.
- TIP: To clear Floor 21, you need a T3 Range Type character like "Ye Ting Ke" evolved to T3.
- Note that even lower Lvl set gears are still better than higher Lvl ones, depending on the character using them. Example: Equipping Lvl 10 Magic gears that gives CRIT+21% set bonus to "Ye Ting Ke" is great for him until you can get better set gears.
Challenge: Boss Arena- During early game, better save up your "Boss Fu" items unless you need to clear 1 to complete a Daily Quest. TIP: The Legendary Yokai/Demon Lord Mode (unlocks at Lvl 18) also requires Boss Fu per entry.
- Save your Boss Fu items again for farming Purple Gears at higher levels.
Recommended Sets:- "Yan Sheng Inugami" [Easy Mode]: Drops Lvl 20 Magic gears that gives ATK+24% set bonus.
- "Yun-Sheng" [Easy Mode]: Drops Lvl 15 Magic gears that gives HP+21% set bonus.
- "Domoku" [Hard Mode]: Drops Lvl 15 Magic gears that gives ATK+21% set bonus.
- "Yasha" [Hard Mode]: Drops Lvl 20 Magic gears that gives Poison+1% set bonus.
Should I Enhance My Magic Gears?
DPS Characters- Only upgrade their weapons to Lvl 10, to give you more fire power for defeating bosses that drops Purple Gears. Include armor and accessory only if they need more survivability.
Healers- Upgrade their accessory to Lvl 10 to increase HP and heal amount. Include Armor if need to tank more, only enhance weapon if need to increase damage.
Farming Rare Purple Set Gears
Quick Hints If Set Gear is Good For Your Character- Atk+: Mostly used by DPS type characters with high grade Attack stats.
- Crit+%: Mostly used by DPS type characters with high grade CRIT and ATK stats. Crit+% is also good for characters that requires attacks to Crit to activate useful effects.
- HP+/DEF+: Mostly for tank, healers, or support (buffers/debuffers for example) characters.
- Optional: Above stats can also be used by all characters to make them more versatile.
- CDMG+%: For high CRIT characters.
- Healing+%: Only good for characters that have Healing Skill.
- Bind/Stun/Sleep/Freeze: Only good for characters that have these certain skills.
- Burn or Poison: Good for characters with Burn or Poison skill.
Hunt Demon Lords/Legendary Yokai (Part 1)
- Note: There are 2 Purple sets that you can farm from Demon Lords, check "Hunt Demon Lords/Legendary Yokai Part 2" below for the 2nd sets.
Lvl 20 Rare Sets (Set 1 Gears)- Drops from Difficulty 1, 2, and 3. Focus here first, refer below for a quick list.
- Go to Challenge > Legendary Yokai Mode > click the "Demon Lord List" option to check which one is next or the next refresh time.
- Not all Legendary Yokai or Demon Lords drops rare purple set gears (Difficulty 1~3).
- Here are some examples:
- Flying Serpent (Easy)
- Drops Lvl 1 Rare gears that gives HEAL+5% set bonus.
- South Sea Merman (Easy)
- South Sea Mermaid (Easy)
- Drops Lvl 20 Rare gears that gives 2x Combo Chance +15% set bonus.
- Kalavinka (Easy)
- Torch Dragon (Easy)
- Tushan Ninetails (Easy)
- Drops Lvl 20 Rare gears that gives ATK+32% set bonus.
- Ultimate Gazer/Eyeball (Easy)
- Drops Lvl 15 Rare gears that gives CRIT+33% set bonus.
- Only defeat Bosses that you can, learn attack patterns and try to dodge at least 2 attacks while attacking (use and move one of your DPS characters to dodge). Would recommend using at least 2 T2/T3 Healers and 2 T3 DPS characters.
- If you need help defeating these Demon Lords, check the guides list here:
- Go Back to Yokai: Spirits Hunt Guides List
Challenge: Boss Arena
Farmable Sets:- "Yan Sheng Inugami" [Hard Mode]: Drops Lvl 1 Rare gears that gives HEAL+5% set bonus.
- Best use Poison Damagers here, with tanky Healers and Control/Atk- Debuffer (ex: Yan Sheng Inugami (R)). Farm Yun-Sheng [Hard] first before farming here if you need to get better gears for your DPS.
- "Yun-Sheng" [Hard Mode]: Drops Lvl 15 Rare gears that gives CRIT+33% set bonus.
- Highly Recommended, spam your Boss Fu items here! Use DPS units, Healer, and Atk- Debuffer (ex: Yan Sheng Inugami (R)).
- "Yasha" [Hard Mode]: Drops Lvl 20 Rare gears that gives ATK+32% set bonus.
Hunt Demon Lords/Legendary Yokai (Part 2)
Lvl 25 Rare Set (Hand and Body Only - Set 2 Gears)- Available once you reach Player Lvl 35+.
- Drops from Difficulty 4 and 5.
- To complete these sets, you need to buy the missing Accessory from the SHOP (worth 25,000 Yokai Points). Better do this at later stage of the game once you get more T4 characters to equip them.
More Yokai: Spirits Hunt Tips and Guides:
That's it guys, thank you for checking our How to Get Magic and Rare Purple Gears Guide for the RPG mobile game - Yokai: Spirits Hunt. Available for Android (Google Play) and iOS (App Store).