This build will focus more on the Inferno skill tree of the Embermage. Since you will be using Magma Spear and Wand Chaos combo, it is best to increase your damage reduction rates to be able to stand your ground and deal more damages.
If you want your Embermage to deal Fire based damages with chaotic effects and watch your enemies burn to death ignoring their armors, then this build is for you!
◄Back to Torchlight II FAQ, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guides List
- Character Attributes and Equipment Stats -
Embermage's Charge Bar
- At full bar, Embermage will gain infinite mana and +25% to all skill damages for 12 seconds!
Base Attributes at Level 100 (Bonuses are not included)
- Strength: 5
- Dexterity: 10
- Focus: 420 = 210% Overall Magic Damage. Increases Mana and Mana Regeneration too.
- Vitality: 100 = 18% Chance to Block. Shields and Tomes will increase this to 75% cap.
- (Focus: 4 and Vitality: 1) until Vitality hits 100.
- Next, put all Attribute Points to Focus until Lvl 100.
Main Equipment Stats (Enchants, Socketables and Stat Bonuses to Find)
If you are not playing Elite/HC, focus more on your damage output.
- +? Focus Attribute Bonus
- +? Health
- All damage taken is reduced by ?%
- ?% chance to reflect missiles at ?% weapon DPS
- +?% Critical Hit Chance
- +?% bonus to Critical Damage
Additional Equipment Stats
- +? Mana or +?% Mana
- +?% Cast Speed
- Physical/Elemental Armors
- +?% to all Damage
- +?% to Fire Damage
- Weapons, Armors and Socketable Items -
Note: I will not mention all specific items to get, to let you enjoy the game. The game is very
beatable even if you are only using some alternatives to those "Best" items per slot. Hunt monsters, open chests or gamble to get the items that you need. Good Luck!
- Preferably with high DPS for Magma Spear skill.
- This skill build will use the Wand Chaos skill, that's why we can only use wands.
- Find a Wand with 4 sockets for your socketables. Refer to Socketable Items below.
- Preferably with very high ?% chance to Block.
- The Lvl 23 "Roundhaven" Shield has 29% chance to Block.
- The Lvl 98 "Parma's Coal-Burner" Shield has 45% chance to Block!
All 10 Armors/Trinkets
- Refer to the Main or Additional Equipment Stats above for stats to find.
- Save all Lvl 60+ Equipments with 40+ Focus. You might use them until Lvl 100.
- Save all Lvl 70+ Equipments with ?% chance to reflect missiles at ?% weapon DPS. Use
them to increase your survivability, since you will spend more time standing still when attacking.
Notable Socketable Items
Save all socketables that are similar to the stat bonuses below. They are also good.
- Lvl 90 "Wfuntir Skull"
- +62 Focus Attribute Bonus (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 73 "Skull of Riechliu"
- +1540 Health (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 55 "Skull of Limoany"
- All damage taken is reduced by 5% (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 88 "Skull of Whorlbarb"
- +10% Critical Hit Chance (Weapon)
- Lvl 75 "Rambren Skull"
- +60% bonus to Critical Damage (Weapon)
- Lvl 99 "Zardon's Might Skull"
- 25% chance to reflect missiles at 50% weapon DPS (Armor/Trinkets)
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Hero)
Note: Higher Rank/Level gives better output and duration.
- Spell: Dervish
- Tome: Blocking
- Tome: Elemental Overload
- Any Spell/Tome that you like
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Pet)
- Spell: Heal All
- Spell: Silence
- Any Summons or Spells/Tomes that you like.
- Chaos Mage - Main Skill Build -
There are so many skills that you can choose from but it is best to choose or prioritize
what you really need for your build. Other unmentioned skills below are also good but they are much more suitable for other Embermage builds. Feel free to use other skills that you think is best.
- This will be your main auto attack skill (left click and right click). Since this is a weapon
DPS based skill, it will also benefit from any bonuses like "?% chance to cast" and any "Convey" stats.
- Keep your distance and use this to snipe on or off-screen enemies.
- Use your Dervish spell with this when you are up against bosses.
- Slowly add points here and make sure that you are regenerating Mana while using this.
- Combo with Wand Chaos, Fire Brand and Firestorm
Charge Mastery (Passive) - Get 5/15
- Will give you more chance to enjoy infinite Mana and additional 25% to all skill damages.
- 5/15 should be enough for this build.
Wand Chaos (Passive) - Get 15/15
- This will greatly compensate the lack of high damage output of your Magma Spear.
- Only works with Magma Spear in this skill set, and make sure you are using a wand too.
- Combo with Magma Spear
Frost Phase (Active) - Get 1/15
- One of my 1 point fave skills, not because of it's added effects but because of it's
teleportation. You can use it for travelling, faster dungeon runs and for avoiding nasty skills. You can also use this as an escape mechanism and to place yourself to an advantageous position.
- Place your mouse pointer to where you want to teleport. Practice to familiarize yourself.
Fire Brand (Passive) - Get 15/15
- Since most of your skills can burn enemies, get this to deal massive damages!
- Combo with Fire Pillar and Magma Spear.
Fire Pillar (Active) - Get 15/15
- Although it is not spammable because of it's cooldown, this skill is very effective for
mobs, one on one targets and boss fights! Just teleport around the area and randomly cast this to seek enemies nearby. It looks like, things will get easier after getting this skill!
- Combo with Fire Brand and Firestorm
Elemental Boon (Active) - Get 15/15
- Great buffing skill but I don't like it's cooldown and duration, so only use this skill if you
are up against epic/champion monsters or monster mobs.
Immolation Aura (Active) - Get 15/15
- A buffing skill that increases survivability. At Rank 15, this skill will absorb 15% damages.
- Get this to protect yourself from incoming damages, since you will spend more time
standing still when attacking.
Ice Prison (Active) - Get 15/15
- A perfect support skill! It can protect you from incoming damages, reflects damages
back to enemies and deals damage over time to trapped enemies. It can also be used to halt enemy movements by placing it on paths or next to doors. Use it for scouting and sniping too!
- Max it to greatly reduce it's cooldown to 2 seconds!
- There are still some monsters that can easily destroy your Ice Prison, specially at higher
modes, so do not stay inside it. Stay behind it instead to get 2 walls of ice shields. If you got mobbed, do not go inside it, teleport away and cast a new Ice Prison to shatter your first one, dealing damage to them!
Firestorm (Active) - Get 15/15
- Mainly for debuffing enemies to increase your Fire skills' damage output.
- Since you still don't have a solid skill that can damage enemies at higher/lower grounds,
get this as your cheap-shot sniping skill. Use it with Ice Prison.
- Combo with Fire Pillar and Magma Spear
- Optional Skills for Unused Skill Points -
- Total Skill Points Used: 116~119
- Total Unused Skill Points: 13~16
- If you have extra skill points, either upgrade the skills you currently have or save them for
later use (after reaching the next required Lvl of skills). You can also invest them to other skills that you like but use the unused skill points above as your limit.
Prismatic Rift (Passive)
- Very optional because it could be a good skill to keep enemies away from you, but it
could also be a bad skill because enemies might randomly teleport behind you!
Frozen Fate (Passive)
- A good passive skill for more crowd control. You might want to invest your last extra
Skill Points here if you can't decide where to put them.
Note: You might need to update your Torchlight 2 to it's latest version or patch to enjoy this
guide. Some skill description and game features are different compared to the original version. If you like this PC game, please support the software developers by purchasing the game!
Related Torchlight II Tips & Guides:
Torchlight II: Tips, Tricks, Game Help and Info
Torchlight II: Embermage - Prismatic Bolt (PB Mage) Stats and Skill Build
Torchlight II: Embermage - Frost Mage Stats and Skill Build