This Embermage build will focus on using the Prismatic Bolt skill under the Storm Skills, and all three Elemental Brands to strengthen the damage output of Prismatic Bolt.
If you want your Embermage to unleash massive elemental damages with deadly effects and high accuracy rate from a far, while avoiding enemy attacks with your sneaky teleport skill, then this build is for you! Check out the sample PB Mage below!
◄Back to Torchlight II FAQ, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guides List
Embermage's Charge Bar
- At full bar, Embermage will gain infinite mana and +25% to all skill damages for 12 seconds!
Base Attributes at Level 100 (Bonuses are not included)
- Strength: 5
- Dexterity: 10
- Focus: 420 = 210% Overall Magic Damage. Increases Mana and Mana Regeneration too.
- Vitality: 100 = 18% Chance to Block. Shields and Tomes will increase this to 75% cap.
- (Focus: 4 and Vitality: 1) until Vitality hits 100.
- Put all Attribute Points to Focus until Lvl 100.
Main Equipment Stats (Enchants, Socketables and Stat Bonuses to Find)
If you are not playing Elite/HC, focus more on your damage output.
- +? Focus Attribute Bonus
- +? Health
- +?% Critical Hit Chance
- +?% bonus to Critical Damage
- All damage taken is reduced by ?%
- ?% chance to reflect missiles at ?% weapon DPS
Additional Equipment Stats
- +? Mana or +?% Mana
- +?% Cast Speed
- Physical/Elemental Armors
- +?% to all Damage
- +?% to Fire/Ice/Electric/Poison Damages
Note: I will not mention all specific items to get, to let you enjoy the game. The game is very
beatable even if you are only using some alternatives to those "Best" items per slot. Hunt monsters, open chests or gamble to get the items that you need. Good Luck!
Any 1-Hand Weapon
- Since most of your skills doesn't use weapon DPS, any weapon will do!
- Preferably with +?% Critical Hit Chance or +?% bonus to Critical Damage.
- Save any weapon with 4 sockets for your socketables. Refer to Socketable Items below.
- Preferably with very high ?% chance to Block.
- The Lvl 23 "Roundhaven" Shield has 29% chance to Block.
- The Lvl 98 "Parma's Coal-Burner" Shield has 45% chance to Block!
All 10 Armors/Trinkets
- Refer to the Main or Additional Equipment Stats above for stats to find.
- Save all Lvl 60+ Equipments with 40+ Focus. You might use them until Lvl 100.
- Save all Lvl 70+ Equipments with ?% chance to reflect missiles at ?% weapon DPS. Use them if you are having trouble against long ranged attackers.
Notable Armor Sets
- Lvl 99 "Trancendent" Set: The Shoulder Armor, Necklace and Belt looks good.
- Lvl 70 "Emberweave" Set: The Helm and Chest Armor looks ok.
Notable Socketable Items
Save all socketables that are similar to the stat bonuses below. They are also good.
- Lvl 90 "Wfuntir Skull"
- +62 Focus Attribute Bonus (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 73 "Skull of Riechliu"
- +1540 Health (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 55 "Skull of Limoany"
- All damage taken is reduced by 5% (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 88 "Skull of Whorlbarb"
- +10% Critical Hit Chance (Weapon)
- Lvl 75 "Rambren Skull"
- +60% bonus to Critical Damage (Weapon)
- Lvl 99 "Zardon's Might Skull"
- 25% chance to reflect missiles at 50% weapon DPS (Armor/Trinkets)
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Hero)
Note: Higher Rank/Level gives better output and duration.
- Spell: Dervish
- Tome: Blocking
- Tome: Elemental Overload
- Any Spell/Tome that you like
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Pet)
- Spell: Heal All
- Spell: Silence
- Any Summons or Spells/Tomes that you like.
There are so many skills that you can choose from but it is best to choose or prioritize what you really need for your build. Other unmentioned skills below are also good but they are much more suitable for other Embermage builds. Feel free to use other skills that you think is best.
- After reaching Estherian Enclave, talk to Thaymor to respec or remove your "Magma Spear"
skill. Put your free skill point to Prismatic Bolt.
- This will be your main damage dealing skill! Spam and use it for sniping/scouting monsters
around the map.
- Combo with Fire/Ice/Lightning Brands and Hailstorm
Charge Mastery (Passive) - Get 5/15
- Will give you more chance to enjoy infinite Mana and additional 25% to all skill damages.
- 5/15 should be enough for this build
Hailstorm (Active) - Get 15/15
- Use this to debuff your enemies and give your Prismatic Bolt a higher damage output!
- Combo with Prismatic Bolt.
Frost Phase (Active) - Get 1/15
- One of my 1 point fave skills, not because of it's added effects but because of it's teleportation. You can use it for travelling, faster dungeon runs and for avoiding nasty skills. You can also use this as an escape mechanism and to place yourself to an advantageous position.
- Place your mouse pointer to where you want to teleport. Practice to familiarize yourself.
Fire, Ice and Lightning Brand (Passive) - Get 15/15 each
- The heart of your Prismatic Bolt! Max these 3 Brands to deal massive damages!
- Combo with Prismatic Bolt.
Elemental Boon (Active) - Get 15/15
- Great buffing skill but I don't like it's cooldown and duration, so only use this skill if you are up against epic/champion monsters or monster mobs.
Ice Prison (Active) - Get 15/15
- A perfect support skill! It can protect you from incoming damages, reflects damages back to enemies and deals damage over time to trapped enemies. It can also be used to halt enemy movements by placing it on paths or next to doors. Use it for scouting and sniping too!
- Max it to greatly reduce it's cooldown to 2 seconds!
- There are still some monsters that can easily destroy your Ice Prison, specially at higher modes, so do not stay inside it. Stay behind it instead to get 2 walls of ice shields. If you got mobbed, do not go inside it, teleport away and cast a new Ice Prison to shatter your first one, dealing damage to them!
- Total Skill Points Used: 111
- Total Unused Skill Points: 21
- If you have extra skill points, either upgrade the skills you currently have or save them for later use (after reaching the next required Lvl of skills). You can also invest them to other skills that you like but use the unused skill points above as your limit.
Frozen Fate (Passive)
- A good passive skill for crowd control. Invest your last extra Skill points here if you can't decide where to put them.
Immolation Aura (Active)
- A buffing skill that increases survivability. At Rank 15, this skill will absorb 15% damages.
- If you have some "Skull of Limoany" socketables and/or if you are playing Elite/HC, this skill will greatly help your damage reduction rate.
- A debuff skill, similar to Hailstorm but this one will only amplify Fire damages. If you want to increase your Prismatic Bolt's Fire damage output, cast this first. At Rank 15, Fire damage taken is
increased by 48%.
- Combo with Prismatic Bolt
Note: You might need to update your Torchlight 2 to it's latest version or patch to enjoy this guide. Some skill description and game features are different compared to the original version. If you like this PC game, please support the software developers by purchasing the game!
Related Torchlight II Tips & Guides:
Torchlight II: Tips, Tricks, Game Help and Info
Torchlight II: Embermage - Frost Mage Stats and Skill Build
Torchlight II: Embermage - Chaos Mage Stats and Skill Build