To learn how to increase the number of sockets to equipments, refer to the guide below.
Sockets or item slots are used to equip socketable items or gems that will give new bonuses to the gear.
By default, item grades have their own fixed number of sockets and some are randomly generated. Read more below to learn how to take advantage of these features.
◄Back to Torchlight II FAQ, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guides List
- Sockets and Enchanter Socketers -
Default Number of Slots per Item
- Normal: Random 0~2 sockets
- Magic: Random 0~2 sockets
- Rare: Random 0~2 sockets
- Unique: Guaranteed 1 socket (Some items have 2 sockets)
- Legendary: Guaranteed 2 sockets
Notable Weapons and Gears
- Rare Weapons with 4 sockets: Ideal for creating your own customized weapon and
it could be one of the most powerful weapons in the game if you have the right socketable items for your character build.
- Unique Items with 5 sockets!: The Lvl 92 "The Asphyx" helmet and "Hands of Orlac"
gloves have a fixed number of slots. Due to the Health degeneration stat that comes with these items, it is a must to equip some "+? Health recovery per second" stat bonus or socketable items to counter this drawback.
- To increase the number of sockets of your fave items, find NPC Socketers inside
dungeons or while travelling through the open maps. Find Jurick the Socketer.
are they (located at the upper area of your game screen).
- Enchanter Socketers can only give up to 2 sockets per item. So, if you have an item
with 2 sockets, it will display "Max Sockets Reached" when you attempt to enchant them. This will avoid items getting over-powered.
- After enchanting, they will attempt to walk away and disappear. After that, you will
need to find another one to give your equipments some sockets again. If you have extra good items waiting in your stash, it's better to carry them with you all the time, just in case.
Note: You might need to update your Torchlight 2 to it's latest version or patch to enjoy this
guide. Some skill description and game features are different compared to the original version. If you like this PC game, please support the software developers by purchasing the game!
Related Torchlight II Tips & Guides:
Torchlight II: Tips, Tricks, Game Help and Info
Torchlight II: Transmutation Recipes - Complete List
Torchlight II: How to Refresh Items Sold in the NPC Shops
Torchlight II: How to Replay Completed Maps? or Defeat Bosses Again?