If you want to instantly refresh the NPC shops around the city you are in, to buy a much powerful weapon or armor to increase your attacks and overall damage reductions, or to simply find specific stat bonuses for your build, then you came to the right place.
Refer below to learn more on how to refresh all the items sold in the NPC shops.
◄Back to Torchlight II FAQ, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guides List
Method 1 (Natural Way)
- The most natural way is to go outside the city maps and resume your adventure.
After a while, teleport back to the city then check their new stocks of items. If it is still the same, go back to your portal then enter a dungeon. Finish up that dungeon then go back to the city.
- Pros: Created Waypoint Portals and Map progress will not vanish.
- Cons: Time consuming!
Method 2 (Switch Cities)
- After doing the above method, go to any available city and check their shops too.
- Don't worry, they will sell gears that matches your current level now!
Method 3 (Re-rolled Map)
- This trick is a lot faster than the method above because you can refresh NPC
shops in seconds! Follow the existing guide below.
- To learn how to re-roll a map, click here: How to Replay Maps?
- Pros: Quick and easy!
- Cons: Created Waypoint Portals and Map progress will vanish! Yes, all maps will
will be re-rolled and it will generate new maps and monsters. A little time consuming but it's ok though because you can train your character for more EXP!
- Note: Quests and Activated Waypoint Portals will not reset.
If you know any method that can help other players, feel free to share them here too.
Note: You might need to update your Torchlight 2 to it's latest version or patch to enjoy this
guide. Some skill description and game features are different compared to the original version. If you like this PC game, please support the software developers by purchasing the game!
Related Torchlight II Tips & Guides:
Torchlight II: Tips, Tricks, Game Help and Info
Torchlight II: Transmutation Recipes - Complete List
Torchlight II: How to Increase or Add Sockets to Items