Here's the 3rd part of our quick walkthrough guide and tips for beginners playing "The Trail" (Android and iOS mobile game).
Previous Quick Walkthrough Guides
- I recommend that you follow the 1st and 2nd part of our guide first for other tips that I will no longer mention here.
- Part 1: The Trail: Quick Walkthrough Guide - Journey to Eden Falls (Early Game)
- Part 2: The Trail: Quick Walkthrough Guide Part 2 - Beyond Eden Falls
Guide to Farming Chits
- Refer to our separate guide here: How to Get or Farm Fast Chits with Toys and Hats
- Depending on the recipes you currently have, choose the best option according to your preference.
Walkthrough Guide Part 3 - Quest List
Other Ways To Collect Quest Items
- Normally, you can gather them along the trail, but here's some other options:
- You can also get the quest items from "Top Trader" Gifts, and Raccoon Drops.
- If available, you can also buy them from other Traders, and as a free gift from the ad girl Annie.
Recommended Quests: Part 3 (Follow In-Order As You Go)
- Hunter > Composite Slingshot Recipe (gather, hunt, or buy from traders)
- Lumberjack > Logger's Axe Recipe (gather, chop trees, or buy from traders)
- Explorer > Omelette Recipe (also gather from mesquite trees)
- Lumberjack > Carved Vulture Recipe (chop trees or buy from traders)
- Lumberjack > Mesquite Log Recipe (chop trees or buy from traders)
- Hunter > Small Toy Doll Recipe (hunt boars or buy from traders)
- Hunter > Boar Hide Recipe (hunt boars or buy from traders)
- Trader > Adventurer Jacket Recipe (gather or buy from traders)
- Trader > Adventurer Pants Recipe (craft: farm materials from Pinecone Valley Region - Growing Camp > Green Meadows. Get an Upgraded Advanced Slingshot and some Hatchet for 2x drops too).
- Trader > Twine Recipe (gather or buy from traders)
- Explorer > Flour Recipe (craft or buy from traders)
- Explorer > Adventurer Hat Recipe (gather or buy from traders)
- Trader > Hitchhiker's Pack Recipe (craft or buy from traders. If you saved 27 Cotton Fibers, this should be easy)
- Lumberjack > Birch Lumber Recipe (craft, buy from traders, or from other sources. If your Town has the Community Logging area open, go get your Pine Logs there.)
- Lumberjack > Upgraded Logger's Axe Recipe (craft, buy from traders, or from other sources. Pinecone Valley region: Woody Knoll > Green Creek has lots of Birch Trees too)
- Lumberjack > Peach Cake Recipe (craft or buy from traders. If you saved 5 Apples and 10 Wheat Grass, this should be easy)
- Hunter > Beaver Felt Recipe (craft, farm materials from Pine Fields region: Leafy Grove > Waterfall View; or Waterfall View > Green Site)
- Hunter > Upgraded Composite Slingshot Recipe (craft, farm materials from Buffalo Range region: Yellow Steppe > Lavender Tor)
- Hunter > Sausages Recipe (craft or buy from traders. If you saved 5 Raw Meat and 10 Rock Salts, this should be easy)
- Hunter > Boar Felt Recipe (hunt boars or buy from traders)
- Hunter > Large Toy Doll Recipe (craft, same as above)
- Lumberjack > Mesquite Lumber Recipe (chop trees or buy from traders)
- Lumberjack > Carved Bust Recipe (craft, same as above)
- End of Part 3 Quick Walkthrough Guide Quest List.
Woodland Walk Region
- Welcome to the new region where you will start to encounter new type of trees (Mesquite Trees) and animals like Boars. A whole new set of items and food can also be gathered from here on. Good Luck!
- Use your Upgraded Advanced Slingshots to hunt Boars (4x Hits with 2x drops), or buy some Composite Slingshots (2x Hits) from camp sites around here.
Chopping Mesquite Trees
- The easiest way is to buy multiple Logger's Axe from traders around here, or if you feel lucky, just wait for someone to chop them down for you.
Update on Food to Focus On
- Apples are somewhat scarce here, so either buy them from other traders and continue crafting Cookies, or just use all of your Wheat Grasses for crafting Bread. Also buy some Wheat Grass from traders when you get the chance.
- Continue and buy or gather Raw Meat and Rock Salt for your Jerky recipe.
- Reminder: Watch out for your Food Weight, just carry around 30 Weight for now to avoid faster Stamina drain.
Start Hoarding Eggs - From here on, gather and save all Eggs that you encounter along the way (also drops from Mesquite trees), and from trading. Use them to craft Omelettes. Conserve your food because this is the last Food recipe that you can easily make.
- Omelettes restores 4 Hearts by default.
Omelettes, Peach Cakes and Sausages
- You will also start to encounter these types of Food from trading, buy them if you want, then store them into your Private Chests for later use.
- Peach Cakes and Sausages restores 5 Hearts by default.
Saving Quest Items (Private Chest)
- Gather and save these items to easily complete some quests later on.
- Save 15 Eggs for later (Flour Recipe quest).
- Save 27 Cotton Fiber for later (Hitchhiker's Pack Recipe quest).
- Save 5 Apples and 10 Wheat Grass for later (Peach Cake Recipe quest).
- Save 5 Raw Meat and 10 Rock Salts for later (Sausages Recipe quest).
- Save 27 Wheat Grass for later (Buffalo Pie Recipe quest).
Wetland Way Camp Site and Ferry
- Woodland Walk region still drops Turkey Feathers so Pilgrim Hats should still be your main source of Chits. More info and other options can be found here: How to Get or Farm Fast Chits with Toys and Hats.
Salesbury Swamp Region
- Welcome to the Swamp region!
Swampfire Landing Camp Site and Ferry
- You can no longer find Turkey Feathers here, so if you still have lots, then that's perfect.
- In case you are running out, just farm or buy them from other traders.
- More info and other options can be found here: How to Get or Farm Fast Chits with Toys and Hats.
Sunny Savanna Region
Quest List Update
- Once you reach this region, you should now be close on completing the Twine Recipe and Flour Recipe (All job paths at Lvl 12).
Thirsty River Camp Site and Ferry
- Just continue whenever you are ready.
Deadman Dunes Region
- Welcome to the Desert region!
Quest List Update
- At this point of the game, some of your quests will force you to go back and replay other regions to complete them. Follow my advice above on how and where to farm these quest items.
- While doing your Upgraded Composite Slingshot Recipe, take your time and earn more Chits by crafting more Pilgrim Hats. Farm them from the Buffalo Range region: Yellow Steppe > Lavender Tor.
Peach Cakes and Sausages
- Once you unlock these recipes, ignore them for now. Focus on your easy to craft Food recipes instead. If you followed my advice before, you should now have more than enough Food anyway.
Hunter and Lumberjack Quests
- Once you are done with the Sausages Recipe above, continue your journey and complete the remaining quests along the way. Craft or buy some tools and use them to chop Mesquite trees and hunt Boars.
- If you need to replay previous trails, here's some notable locations:
- Boars: Dunes Shadow > East Drought
- Mesquite Trees: Dry Valley > Trader's Outpost
Canyon Crossing Camp Site and Ferry
- Just continue whenever you are ready.
Quick Walkthrough Guide Part 3
- Thanks for checking our guide, refer below for the 4th part of this guide. ^^
- The Trail: Quick Walkthrough Guide Part 4 - Green Maze and Beyond
Related The Trail Tips & Guides:
- The Trail: Quick Walkthrough Guide - Journey to Eden Falls (Early Game)
- The Trail: How to Get or Farm Fast Chits with Toys and Hats
<<Back To The Trail Guides List