First of all, this isn't DOTA, DOTA 2 or WOW, although the Heroes in the game looks similar to those games, the game mechanics aren't. Here, you'll need to form teams or groups of heroes to fight for you, unlike DOTA that you just need to focus on 1 Hero.
- Once you see this, check it out because it needs your attention.
- Look for this "Red Dot" every after battle to check your progress, or to claim a reward. Note that new quests won't unlock until you claim the reward first.
- Follow and complete your Quests while doing Campaigns to give you ideas on what to do next. No need to rush, just reach what you can with your current team, if you can't advance, stop and refer to the "Once You Hit A Wall" section below.
- Complete to get various rewards. Note that some quests will not appear until you visit the Quest screen.
- A must to do tasks to level up your Team Lvl.
- Complete what you can to get various rewards.
- Free Stamina: Check the given time and claim your Free Stamina during that time. Note: Missed rewards can't be reclaimed!
- Midas Touch: Unlocked at Team Level 12. Do this only once a day to get the Team Lvl EXP. If you're lucky, you can get criticals that will multiply the value of the Coins received.
- Monthly Card: This is optional for F2P gamers.
- Enchanting Equipment: Do this only once your Hero reached Purple+. Check and prioritize stats that is important for that Hero first, especially weapons. Unlocks at Team Level 20.
- Monthly Sign-In Rewards:
- Sign-in everyday to get awesome rewards, especially the free Hero of the month.
- Mailbox (in-game):
- Here you can claim your Login Rewards, Arena ranking rewards, Event giveaways, and other Freebies.
- Bronze Chests:
- Do not waste your Coins for Bronze Chests, just use your "free chances" for some extra items, and to complete the "Master Safe Cracker" Daily Event. Spend your Coins into more useful options like upgrading skills.
- Once you have too many excess Coins mid to late game, 10x Bronze Chests isn't a bad idea. This will give you some free heroes, gears including purple, Hero Soul Stones and more.
- Gold Chests:
- Just get the free Gold Chest after the cool-down timer (about 2 Days). Your first one has a high chance to draw a nice 3 Stars Hero, add and level this Hero up for your main team early game.
- Hopefully, you will be able to get a nice Front line Hero, it's the best choice for early game. If not, don't stop or restart, just continue, 2 Days is kinda long to do restarts, unless you have multiple accounts...
- If you are a heavy or casual Gem user, get the "10x Option" to get 1 guaranteed Hero as a bonus. For Free 2 Play gamers, earn your extra Gems for this one.
Continue the tutorial until you get all starting 5 Heroes, just reach what you can with your current team. Do this while following your Quests or Daily Events.
Stages with 3 Stars
- Getting 3 Stars will unlock the Auto Fight feature for Normal Battles, and the Raid (tickets used) option.
- Normal Battles: EXP is evenly shared to all Heroes who joined the battle.
- Raid Battles: No hero EXP, but you'll get EXP items that you can use to any Hero you choose.
- Both Battle types will require Stamina. EXP and drop rates are almost the same.
Once You Hit a Wall (Get Stuck!), Here's Some Tips To Do:
- 1) Increase Team Level
- Team Lvl is the most important aspect in the game. It will unlock new features and strengthen your Heroes by lifting up their Hero Lvl and Skill Lvl caps. It also increases your Max Stamina for more gameplay time.
- Get Team EXP from battles and daily quest completion rewards.
- Note: Track your Team Lvl EXP. If your Team Lvl is about to level up, don't claim any EXP from your Daily Event until your Stamina is low.
- 2) Increase Hero Levels
- 2nd most important aspect in the game because it lifts up the Lvl cap of Skills, and will greatly increase skill damages. Stats will also increase depending on the Stats Growth of the Hero.
- You can check the levels of your enemies by tapping on their portraits in the stage info screen, before the Hero selection screen.
- If one of your Heroes is maxed, you might want to switch that Hero to one of your lower leveled Heroes to level him/her up too, especially when doing replays at lower stages. To effectively level up a new front line Hero, you might want to use a healer, or just feed EXP potions instead.
- Maybe some questions running through your mind:
- "Are my starting 5 Heroes worth leveling?
- "Are they strong late game?"
- "Should I ignore my starting 5 Heroes and wait for better Heroes to level instead?"
- Here are some tips to ease your mind:
- Don't underestimate your starting 5 Heroes, most of them are very useful early to late game! ^^
- Chaplain: A team healer and can convert 1 enemy to your side. Treat Chaplain well, and you'll see what I mean. Very useful for Crusade teams.
- Shadowleaf: Check the Arena rankings and you'll still see players using her because of her crit attacks, useful debuff and team buff skills.
- Lightning Master: Although he is kinda weak at first, still level him up. He is still ok for Crusades early game due to his AoE damages and energy regen.
- Emberstar: Powerful single and AoE attacks, useful for added DPS. HP is kinda low so replace her with someone better at higher levels. Ember star will come back late game once she gets her Legendary Skill.
- Admiral: Still useful early game and for female only teams, use her until you get a better Front line Hero early game. Her first 2 skills can stun enemies, use her Ulti right after your enemy casts a skill to cancel that skill. Similar to Emberstar, Admiral will come back as one of the viable tanks late game.
- Don't just focus on 5 Heroes, you need a 2nd or 3rd Team Heroes too to help you out in Crusade Mode (only Lvl 20+ Heroes can be used) or in the Grand Arena, so it's ok to level them up.
- Fights with special conditions: There are battles that requires more Physical or Magic Heroes, and even female only battles!
- Get all Heroes that you can, this way you can create teams that suits your gaming-style!
- 3) Upgrade Skills
- Team Lvl 7: Skill Enhancement will be Unlocked.
- Ultimate Skills can be activated when the Energy bar is full. It is filled when your Heroes attacks, gets attacked, or if they will do last hit kills for +300 Energy bonus.
- Note: Energy and Hp Regen only triggers between waves or battles.
- Other skills activates automatically during battle.
- Which Skills to Upgrade?
- All of course to make your team strong, but which ones first? Focus on your main 5 Heroes, then work on the next ones.
- Here's some tips:
- Skills that can buff stats or heal the team.
- AoE (Area of Effect) Skills that can do massive damages to all enemies are also great.
- Massive single attacks, especially with high crit chance!
- Disability skills like stun, upgrade them to keep their success chances high.
- Front line Heroes can easily activate their Ultimate skills because they get hit a lot. Depends if the Ulti is useful though, if your tank's role to just to absorb damages ("ex:War Chief"), then it's ok to lightly upgrade Ultimate skill.
- or any skill you think is good, the point is, there's nothing wrong if you are upgrading skills.
- For more info on which skills to prioritize per Hero, go here: Skills List for All Front, Central and Back Heroes
- 4) Farm Gears and Promote Heroes
- I'm sure you are wondering if which heroes to promote more? I'll say all that you can, focus on your main 5 Heroes, then work on the next ones.
- Green +: means a gear is available for the Hero to equip, or item is ready to craft.
- Yellow +: means a gear is available but the Hero's Lvl is too low to equip the item.
- None +: means there are no available gear for that Hero. Tap to check where to farm the item/s needed, tap on the map or stage name again to automatically take you there, if it's accessible.
- Promote your heroes to make them stronger (will add stats from gears) and to unlock new tier of skills.
- Promotion Tiers:
- White > Green > Green+1 > Blue > Blue +1 > Blue +2 > Purple > Purple +1 > Purple +2 > Purple +3 > Purple +4 > Orange
- If you have extra Stamina and you don't know where to use them, I recommend that you farm "Shoes", or any item or "materials for crafting" that can be used every promotion.
- 5) Farm Hero Soul Stones
- Team Lvl 11: Elite Chapters will be Unlocked.
- Farm Soul Stones to get more Heroes by completing a set of Soul Stones.
- I recommend you farm them all, since they are only available to farm trice a day. This is also a nice way to spend some of your excess Stamina.
- Elite Stages: When farming Soul Stones, the chance is just around 33%, so other players do this: Once they get 1 Soul Stone, stop farming on that stage, this is because most of the time, once you get the Soul Stone, it will never drop another.
- Heroes to Farm First? Here's some tips:
- Farm all Heroes that you don't have yet, yes others are somewhat harder to earn, but keep on going while you have the time (Note: the limit is only 3 times a day per stage). It's better to have them even if they turn out weak (might get a buff in the future).
- Highly recommended heroes to farm from Elite stages early game: War Chief and Vengeance Spirit, then Depth's Voice and Silencer.
- Heroes with only 10 Soul Stones requirement are also good. Well, honestly, they might not make it into your top team but they are still useful for different purposes.
- Evolving Heroes (+ Stars)
- If you already have the Hero, Soul Stones will just be used as Evolution Materials, farm them if you have extra Stamina to use. For now, focus first on getting more Heroes and upgrading your main Heroes' Lvl and Skills.
- Evolving Heroes will increase their Stats Growth Rates. I highly recommend farming these Hero Soul Stones from Elite Stages early game: War Chief, Vengeance Spirit, Shadowleaf, Chaplain, Depth's Voice and Silencer.
- Optional: While farming Soul Stones for new heroes, you can also farm some Soul Stones that will give quick evolve to your 1 Star Heroes like Chaplain, Shadowleaf, and others you might like.
STAMINA! (50 Gems for 120 Stamina)
- Yes, it's the best way to:
- get more Heroes by farming Soul Stones.
- boost Team or Hero Levels.
- get more Coins for upgrading skills.
- and to Promote Heroes by farming the items needed.
- Even if you can't play much everyday, at least buy 120 Stamina per day.
- Note: F2P gamers can only do these once a day, unless you are a VIP gamer.
Midas Touch: Do this only once a day to get the Team Lvl EXP.
The "10x Gold Chests" Option
- Well, this is kinda hard for F2P gamers because the required Gems is somewhat high, it's better to spend Gems to Stamina and farm Soul Stones to get specific Heroes early on then just earn your excess Gems for this as you go on.
- For VIP gamers, this feature is a good way to spend some extra Gems, especially early game. It is still luck based though but you will probably get at least 1 new Hero.
PvP Arena Unlocks at Team Lvl 10
- A nice place to get Gems, Coins, Gladiator Points for the Arena Shop, EXP items, and more.
- Note: Only use Gladiator Points for Heroes Soul Stones.
- Fight teams with lower Power than yours to get a higher chance of winning. Free Gems will be rewarded depending on the difference of your current rank to the next one.
- The key is to form a team that works together. Mix, match, and experiment to find what suits your defensive and offensive playing style.
- If you can't win anymore, you an still purposely lose fights to complete the "Arena Lovers" Daily Event.
- For more info, go here: Heroes Charge: General Team Building Guide
- Check the Rules to see the rewards you can get with your current Rank.
- Also check the reset time, and the time when they will finalize the rankings and send the Arena rewards.
- Use the time and increase your rankings before they finalize the rankings, this way, you'll get better chance of getting more rewards.
Ladder or Arena Rankings
- Check the "Ladder" to see what other players are using, observe and learn some Hero combinations and ideas here.
After Chapter 2: Merchant Unlocked!
- A place where you can sell your loots, just sell the ones that pops up.
- If you have extra Coins, buy some here in-case you'll need the items for later use, especially EXP potions.
Team Lvl 14: Time Rift
- A nice place to farm EXP potions and Coins.
- Select available stage, then check the levels of your enemies here first to see if you can beat them.
- Note: Never sell your EXP Potions or EXP Items!
- Although it's tempting to sell them for Gold Coins, especially early to mid game, I would still recommend that you keep them for later Lvls, for your core or other Heroes.
Team Lvl 20: Equipment Enchant
- Like what I've stated above, do this only once your Hero reached Purple+. Check and prioritize stats that is important for that Hero first, especially weapons.
- Never Enchant before Promotion, or else, you'll just waste a lot of Coins. All Stats from Item Enchants will NOT carry over after Promotion, only the base stats of the items equipped.
Team Lvl 24: Speak in the World Channel
- Select the Chat icon at the lower left corner of your game screen to enter the World Chat.
Team Lvl 25: Hero Trial
- A nice place to get useful items and more, start after you get your Heroes to around Lvl 30.
- Customize team according to what you need: To counter Magical/Physical Immunities or to fulfill the requirement of the stage.
- Check the tip above the hero selection screen to get an idea.
- Mind the time limit per wave, sometimes it's best to barrage them with skills whenever you can.
Team Lvl 30: Random Goblin Merchant
- Goblin Merchant randomly appears after a fight.
Team Lvl 30: Crusade!
- The best way to earn lots of Coins, especially if you can reach and complete 15/15 Stage to claim over 500,000 Coins! Plus, it doesn't require Stamina to play.
- Focus on creating multiple Teams for this Mode, one of the challenging features in the game.
- Use your Heroes and skills wisely per stage!
- No After Victory Rewards!?
- But you can open chests every after battle. Rewards can be Coins, Items, Soul Stones and also a chance to instantly acquire Heroes!
- Rewards increases depending on your current Team Level.
- Purple Chests gives Crusade or Dragon Points that you can Redeem. Again, only spend them on Hero Soul Stones!
- For more info on Crusade, go here: How to Complete Crusade Stages 15/15 Sweep
Team Lvl 32: Create and/or Join a Guild!
- Some Guilds will require you to apply, but others will let you instantly join them.
- Join a guild with a good number of players, if you can't find any open to all Guild, go to the World Chat then find Guild IDs there. Enter the ID using the Search option under Guild feature.
- You can only worship a player 5 Team Levels higher than you.
- For each worship you will get 15 free Stamina, and the player that has been worshiped will get Coins.
- Mercenary Camp/Hall
- Deploy a Hero, if your guildmates hires your Hero, you'll get a nice amount of Coins!
- It is most likely that your guildmates will hire Front line Heroes or Tanks, Support Heroes, and Heroes with nice stats and skills.
- If the majority of your guildmates' Team Lvl is around Lvl 40, you might want to deploy Heroes with around Lvl 40 too, this way, you'll get a high chance that your Heroes will be hired.
- Recall Hero to claim Coins.
- Hiring Mercenaries
- To hire a mercenary, go to any stage battle. Access the hero selection screen then select the Mercenary Tab. Open up a slot then choose a Hero for that Stage or Crusade.
- Use this option wisely, especially for Crusades!
- How to Leave Guild?
- Go to your Hero stats or settings window (upper left corner).
- Select Quit Guild.
Congratulations! If you reached this point, then I hope you already know what you are doing. Coins, Stamina and Gems shouldn't be a problem, since you already know where and how to get them.
More in-game features will unlock once you reach higher levels, Good Luck and Happy Playing! ^^