This build will focus on using the Blind effect from the Shotgonne Mastery to control enemy mobs, and to Blind-Lock enemy bosses for an easier kill. A successful Blind-Lock will make your enemy do nothing but to stand or walk around!
If you want your Outlander to spam damaging combo skills and summon allies from the Shadows while locking your enemies to endless blindness, then this build is for you!
◄Back to Torchlight II FAQ, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guides List
- Character Attributes and Equipment Stats -
Outlander's Charge Bar
- You will get increased Cast Speed, Dodge Chance, Critical Hit Chance and Attack
Speed, based on the current amount of charge you have.
Base Attributes at Level 100 (Bonuses are not included)
- Strength: 410 = 205% Weapon Damage and 164% Critical Damage
- Dexterity: 110 = +20% Critical and Dodge Chance
- Focus: 10
- Vitality: 5
- (Strength: 4 and Dexterity: 1) until Dexterity hits 110.
- Next, put all Attribute Points to Strength till Level 100.
Main Equipment Stats (Enchants, Socketables and Stat Bonuses to Find)
If you are not playing Elite, focus on your Health and damage output.
- +? Health (Aim for at least 10,000+ Health late game)
- All damage taken is reduced by ?%
- ?.? Mana recovery per second (mainly from socketables)
- +? Strength Attribute Bonus
- ?% chance to reflect missiles at ?% weapon DPS
Additional Equipment Stats
- Physical/Elemental Armors
- +?% Ranged Weapon Damage bonus
- +?% bonus to Critical Damage
- +?% Cast Speed
- +? Mana
- Weapons, Armors and Socketable Items -
Note: I will not mention all specific items to get, to let you enjoy the game. The game is very
beatable even if you are only using some alternatives to those "Best" items per slot. Hunt monsters, open chests or gamble to get the items that you need. Good Luck!
Shotgonne (two handed)
- A must weapon to be able to use Shotgonne Mastery along with other skills.
- Preferably with high DPS and good stat bonuses like chance to cast, - all Armor, any
"Conveys ?% Chance to ?", and more.
All 10 Armors/Trinkets
- Refer to the Main or Additional Equipment Stats above for more stats to find.
- At early game, find items that will increase your Mana Regen with some Health to
spam and boost your level.
- At higher levels, slowly replace your Mana Regen socketables with the sample
socketables below, specially Damage Reduction and Health. Make sure that you can still spam your skills though, balance is the key.
Notable Armor Sets
- Lvl 70 "Lore" Set: Try to get 2 "Ring of the Players".
- Lvl 99 "Unearthly" Set: The boots looks good for this build. If you want the Silence
bonus, get the helmet or belt.
Notable Socketable Items
Save all socketables that are similar to the stat bonuses below. They are also good.
- This socketables will be your main priority items to get/farm in the game.
- Lvl 88 "Skull of Whorlbarb" or Lvl 79 "Skull of Trenkay"
- 4.7 or 4.4 Mana recovery per second (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 73 "Skull of Riechliu"
- +1540 Health (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 55 "Skull of Limoany"
- All damage taken is reduced by 5% (Armor/Trinkets)
- Get as many as you can to survive Elite Mode. The cap is = 75%.
- Lvl 57 "Lovantine Skull"
- +40 Strength Attribute Bonus (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 99 "Zardon's Might Skull"
- 25% chance to reflect missiles at 50% weapon DPS (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 87 "Vellinque Skull"
- +200 Physical Damage (Weapon)
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Hero)
Note: Higher Rank/Level gives better output and duration.
- Spell: Haste
- Tome: Animal Handling
- Tome: Concentration
- Spell: Any Spell/Tome that you like
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Pet)
- Spell: Summon Skeleton
- Spell: Summon Archers
- Any Summons (lower/higher Rank than above) or Spells/Tomes that you like.
- Blind-Lock Summoner - Main Skill Build -
There are so many skills that you can choose from but it is best to choose or prioritize
what you really need for your build. Other unmentioned skills below are also good but they are much more suitable for other Outlander builds. Feel free to use other skills that you think is best.
- You might also need to repeat completed maps to level up and learn more skills before
taking on bosses. To learn an effective way, click here.
- After reaching Estherian Enclave, talk to Thaymor to respec or remove your "Glaive Throw"
skill to gain a free skill point.
- Good debuff skill that increases your party's damages as you hit more. The Knockback
bonus will force you to chase your targets but most bosses are immune anyway, which is the main target of this skill. Use this skill against bosses for stable Blind-locking.
- Very high chance to proc "+?% Chance to Cast" and "Conveys ?% Chance to ?".
- Put points here but make sure that your Mana can regenerate while using this!
- If your mana can keep up, place this on your "Left Mouse Button".
Dodge Mastery (Passive) - Get 15/15
- To increase Dodge Chance and survivability.
Rune Vault (Active) - Get 1/15
- At first, this skill was really complicated to use because you have to move your mouse
pointer opposite to where you want to land, unlike the other classes' escape mechanisms.
- With some practice, this skill is actually quite good!, you can hold your auto attack/skill
on a single melee enemy (1 on 1) then use this skill to go around them.
- Use this to jump over your Bramble Walls. Press and hold to go further.
- A little tricky to use on tight places but very useful on wide open spaces.
- I recommend the Haste spell for travelling maps though.
Shadowshot (Active) - Get 10/15
- This will be your main crowd control skill. Use it to damage and blind all foes around!
Place it in your "Right Mouse Button Active Skill".
- Get Rank 3~5 once you unlock this skill, then slowly put points here mid to late game.
Shotgonne Mastery (Passive) - Get 5/15
- This is a must skill to do the Blind-Lock trick!. The best part is, it works against all
bosses!. A successful Blind-Lock will make your target simply stand or roam around doing nothing while taking all damages from your party!
- Rank 1~3 is actually enough, but it looks like Rank 5 is much more stable for locking
because you'll be casting other skills in between attacks.
- Combo with Rapid Fire (Blind-Lock) and Shadow Shot (crowd control).
Shadowling Ammo (Passive) - Get 1/15
- You can only spawn up to 4 shadowlings.
- Poison Burst will greatly reduce your chance to spawn this, but once you have the
Bramble Wall and Venomous Hail combo, this will get higher chance.
Poison Burst (Passive) - Get 15/15
- This is a good combo skill for Bramble Wall and Venomous Hail! Cast them near your
targets for better results.
Share the Wealth (Passive) - Get 15/15
- Share a percentage of your current Charge bar's bonuses to allies including yourself!
Death Ritual (Passive) - Get 10/15
- To improve your Shadowlings' summon duration and attack damage.
- This is only for your Brute, since you can spawn Shadowlings non stop anyway.
- This is acceptable because your Brute will not die easily, thanks to Blind-Locks.
- Put points here after getting Shadowling Brute.
Repulsion Hex (Active) - Get 10/15
- If you are looking for a skill that can help you repel enemies around you, this skill is
adequately enough and it has a very good cooldown/duration.
- Get the tier 2 bonus for better duration, interrupt and chance to flee.
Bramble Wall (Active) - Get 1/15
- It will be summoned directly in front of you at a fixed distance.
- If you have a Shadowshot locked on your target, release it first to be able to cast
this skill. The range of Shadowshot prevents it to happen.
- Once you have Venomous Hail, it will become a perfect way to spawn shadowlings
and to proc Poison Burst. The 2 passive skills will overlap each other but it's not a problem since you will be spamming this combo anyway.
- Summon this near your target then cast Venomous Hail on both targets.
Stone Pact (Active) - Get 15/15
- Stay inside it's radius to get constant heal and bonuses.
- Note: damage reflect will not work if you dodged an attack, so to utilize the reflect
bonus, cast this skill where your attacking pet or summons are instead.
- This skill can be used more than once, so just cast it around the battlefield.
Venomous Hail (Active) - Get 15/15
- Once you unlock this skill, your trigger happy combo is now complete!
- Use this to destroy your Bramble Walls and proc Poison Burst and Shadowling Ammo.
- This is also a good skill to use to start your Blind-Locks or before you cast any skill to
keep the Blind-Lock in place. Feel free to snipe enemies around the map too!
Shadowling Brute (Passive) - Get 1/15
- Summon this enormous shadowling, which lays waste to your enemies!
- Total Skill Points Used: 119
- Total Unused Skill Points: 13
- If you have extra skill points, either upgrade the skills you currently have or save them for
later use (after reaching the next required Lvl of skills). You can also invest them to other skills that you like but use the unused skill points above as your limit.
Long Range Mastery (Passive)
- It doesn't increase Shotgonne's range, only damage.
Note: You might need to update your Torchlight 2 to it's latest version or patch to enjoy this
guide. Some skill description and game features are different compared to the original version. If you like this PC game, please support the software developers by purchasing the game!
Related Torchlight II Tips & Guides:
Torchlight II: Tips, Tricks, Game Help and Info
Torchlight II: Outlander - Poison Glaive Caster Stats and Skill Build