This DW Berserker build will focus on both damage and survival to survive tough battles, specially in Elite Mode.
If you want your Berserker to carry 2 similar melee weapons, steal your enemies' health with your massive critical hits and attack speed, stand your ground and bring havoc to your enemies using your wolf like skills, then this build is for you!
◄Back to Torchlight II FAQ, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guides List
- Character Attributes and Equipment Stats -
- If you want to play this build in Elite Mode, I recommend that you collect some items first,
like the "The Eye of Grell" socketables to survive upcoming battles. To learn how, click here.
Berserker's Charge Bar
- At full bar, all direct attacks will get 100% critical chance, and other attacks will have
an increased critical chance. Your overall speed will also increase. Note that after getting a full charge bar, the duration will begin after your first strike.
Base Attributes at Level 100 (Bonuses are not included)
- Strength: 349 = +140% Critical Damage and 175% Weapon Damage.
- Dexterity: 176 = +30% Critical Chance (based on Arcane Statistics)
- Focus: 5
- Vitality: 5
- (Dexterity: 5) or (Strength: 1 and Dexterity: 4) until Dexterity hits 176.
- Next, put all Attribute Points to Strength till Level 100.
- No points to Vitality because the returns are not that great, get the bonuses from items
instead (which you will be doing anyway).
Main Equipment Stats (Enchants, Socketables and Stat Bonuses to Find)
If you are not playing Elite/HC, focus on your Health and damage output.
- +? Health (More Health = more heal from Blood Hunger. Aim for at least 15,000
Health, specially when playing Elite.)
- All damage taken is reduced by ?% (Melee have 25% by default. Aim for at least 50%.)
- +?% bonus to Critical Damage
- ? Health Stolen on hit
- +? Strength Attribute Bonus
Additional Equipment Stats
- Elemental Armors
- +?% Attack Speed
- +?% chance to Execute
- +?% Critical Hit Chance (for early to mid game)
- Charge rate increased by ?% (for early to mid game)
- ? Health steal to master on hit (Pet Only)
- Weapons, Armors and Socketable Items -
Note: I will not mention all specific items to get, to let you enjoy the game. The game is very
beatable even if you are only using some alternatives to those "Best" items per slot. Hunt monsters, open chests or gamble to get the items that you need. Good Luck!
1-Hand Melee Weapons (Dual Wield)
- Any weapons with high DPS and with Very Fast Attack Speed to increase Charge rate.
- Claws: Very fast attack speeds and with some +?% Attack Speed bonus, good for
building up the charge bar for more crits!. Recommended at higher levels. Ex: Try to get two Lvl 95 "Iceshard Dominator" Claws.
- Make sure you are using 2 similar weapons to trigger the Executioner skill.
- Save any weapon with 4 sockets for your socketables. Refer to Socketable Items below.
All 10 Armors/Trinkets
- Find items with +? Health and/or All damage taken is reduced by ?%.
- Refer to the Main or Additional Equipment Stats above for more stats to find.
Notable Armor Sets
- Lvl 94 "Dragonrift" Set: Collect 4 items to get the 20% Health Stolen. Yep, it will
convert 20% of your damages as heal!. Recommended for Elite and other Modes.
- Note: Blue/Rare Items will generate random stats and number of sockets. Collect the
good ones only, with at least 1 slot!
- Lvl 99 "Harbringer" Set: Great bonuses but is is much better for non-Elite Mode.
Notable Socketable Items
Save all socketables that are similar to the stat bonuses below. They are also good.
- This socketables will be your main priority items to get/farm in the game.Without these
items, Elite NG+++ or higher will become hell for Berserkers!
- Lvl 73 "Skull of Riechliu"
- +1540 Health (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 55 "Skull of Limoany"
- All damage taken is reduced by 5% (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 75 "Rambren Skull"
- +60% bonus to Critical Damage (Weapon)
- Lvl 96 "Yololo Skull"
- 282 Health stolen on hit (Weapon)
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Hero)
Note: Higher Rank/Level gives better output and duration.
- Spell: Dervish
- Tome: Adrenaline Rush
- Tome: Elemental Protection
- Any Spell/Tome that you like
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Pet)
- Spell: Heal All
- Spell: Silence
- Any Summons or Spells/Tomes that you like.
- Elite Dual Wielder Berserker - Main Skill Build -
There are so many skills that you can choose from but it is best to choose or prioritize
what you really need for your build. Other unmentioned skills below are also good but they are much more suitable for other Berserker builds. Feel free to use other skills that you think is best.
- You might also need to repeat completed maps to level up and learn more skills before
taking on bosses. To learn an effective way, click here.
- After reaching Estherian Enclave, talk to Thaymor to respec or remove your "Eviscerate"
skill. Put your free skill point to Shadow Burst or Blood Hunger.
- Use this as your main skill early game for damage, healing, shattering shields, escaping
deadly situations or simply for travelling. If you see your health depleting fast, move away or dash around
your enemies to lessen their numbers.
- Here's a trick: When auto attacking large monsters, use this skill right before they land
their heavy attacks to avoid it. You should be standing behind the monster, then repeat.
Blood Hunger (Passive) - Get 15/15
- This is the main reason why we need Health, because more Health will create more
space for more Life Steal! This is a must skill for dual wielders to increase survivability.
- Put 1 point early game then increase when you start to crit a lot (Around 20%~30%
Howl (Active) - Get 15/15
- This will be your main and only active debuff skill. Use this to greatly reduce your
enemies' overall speed and to give your attacks some extra boost.
- It will affect all enemies around you for up to 12 seconds.
Stormclaw (Active) - Get 1/15
- A good buff skill that will compensate the lack of splash damage of claws. Just put 1
point here and make sure to cast this every time.
- Note: Damage is based on weapon damage, not weapon's DPS.
Wolf Shade (Active) - Get 15/15
- Put 1 point here early game and summon only if you are up against bosses or mobs.
Slowly invest your points here along with other skills.
- Summon this wolf to heal, fight, and scout enemies for you! Awesome at Rank 15.
Executioner (Passive) - Get 15/15
- Max this as soon as possible to increase your Charge rate. Gives you more chance to
enjoy 100% critical chance for a period of time.
- Make sure you are using 2 similar weapons (Claw and Claw or Sword and Sword).
Shred Armor (Passive) - Get 15/15
- This is a great passive skill that reduces your enemies' Physical/Elemental Armors and
let you steal their Physical Armors to increase yours!
Red Wolf (Passive) - Get 15/15
- Similar to Stormclaw but this one will still work for 1 on 1 battles!
- Put 1 point early game then increase when you start to crit a lot (Around 20%~30%
Iceshield (Active) - Get 1~10/15
- A support skill that bounces most projectile attacks (including long range magic attacks)
back to the attackers!. It is also good for building up your Charge bar.
- It is dependent to your weapon's DPS and it has an uncomfortable duration, but overall,
it still a very good skill to get specially for boss battles.
- I recommend this skill to be used as your right click spam skill.
Battle Standard (Active) - Get 15/15
- Gives lots of bonuses while you are inside the range. The main bonuses that we need here
are the increased Charge rate to fill up the Charge bar in no time!, Knock Back Resistance to stand your ground and effectively sink your crits. Max it!
- Cast this first then rebuff yourself or cast any skill that you need.
- Optional Skills for Unused Skill Points -
- Total Skill Points Used: 108~117
- Total Unused Skill Points: 15~24
- If you have extra skill points, either upgrade the skills you currently have or save them for
later use (after reaching the next required Lvl of skills). You can also invest them to other skills that you like but use the unused skill points above as your limit.
Frenzy Mastery (Passive)
- Try to put 8 points here to get 10 seconds duration. Good late game skill.
- 1 point is enough. Not very useful against 1 on 1, so do not increase to higher ranks.
Rage Retaliation (Passive)
- Not bad but it will stay here as an optional skill. Procs if you get hit and it can also
increase your Charge bar!
- If you don't have high critical chance or damage output, your retaliation will just be
fumbled specially in Elite Mode!. It will not also proc every time you get hit, even if you have a 0 second delay between attacks (Rank 15/15).
- 1 point here is ok. 6 points will give you 1 second delay between attacks. Get at early
game if you are playing in non-Elite Modes.
Note: You might need to update your Torchlight 2 to it's latest version or patch to enjoy this
guide. Some skill description and game features are different compared to the original version. If you like this PC game, please support the software developers by purchasing the game!
Related Torchlight II Tips & Guides:
Torchlight II: Tips, Tricks, Game Help and Info
Torchlight II: Berserker - Wolf Shaman Stats and Skill Build