This build will shine and dominate all Modes at Lvl 42, once you learn the Wolfpack skill. Early game, this build is somewhat difficult to play but this guide will provide an easier way.
If you want your Berserker to transform into a wolf and lunge through your enemies at melee range, or summon endless spectral wolves from a far and attack enemies around you, then this build is for you!
◄Back to Torchlight II FAQ, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guides List
- If you want to play this build in Elite Mode, I recommend that you collect some items first,
like the "The Eye of Grell" socketables to survive upcoming battles. To learn how, click here.
Berserker's Charge Bar
- At full bar, all direct attacks will get 100% critical chance, and other attacks will have
an increased critical chance. Your overall speed will also increase. Note that after getting a full charge bar, the duration will begin after your first strike.
Base Attributes at Level 100 (Bonuses are not included)
- Strength: 415 = +166% Critical Damage and +207.5% Weapon Damage
- Dexterity: 15
- Focus: 5
- Vitality: 100 = +25% All Armor Bonus and +18% Block Chance
- (Strength: 4 and Vitality: 1) until Vitality hits 100.
- You need high strength to boost your hero, see weapons section below.
- Next, put all Attribute Points to Strength till Level 100.
- No points to Dexterity, see Storm Hatchet's description (Skills section).
Main Equipment Stats (Enchants, Socketables and Stat Bonuses to Find)
If you are not playing Elite/HC, focus on your Health and damage output.
- ?.? Mana recovery per second (the more the better)
- +? Health (Aim at least 10,000 Total Health to avoid 1 hit kill in Elite)
- +? Mana (Aim 300~400 Total Mana)
- All damage taken is reduced by ?% (Melee have 25% by default, let's add more! Aim
at least 40%).
- +? Strength Attribute Bonus
- +?% bonus to Critical Damage
Additional Equipment Stats
- Elemental Armors
- +?% Cast Speed
Note: I will not mention all specific items to get, to let you enjoy the game. The game is very
beatable even if you are only using some alternatives to those "Best" items per slot. Hunt monsters, open chests or gamble to get the items that you need. Good Luck!
1-Hand Melee Weapons
- Use any 1-Hand melee weapons with high DPS (Put Socketables and Enchant to
- At higher levels, prioritize +?% bonus to Critical Damage for high damage output!
- You have high Strength allocation, thus giving you an advantage to equip better
weapons/shields way above your current level. Use your other high level characters to hunt them then use your Shared Stash. This is a very good way to boost your hero until you get Wolfpack at level 42.
- Save a weapon with 4 sockets for your socketables. Refer to Socketable Items below.
- Preferably with very high ?% chance to Block.
- The Lvl 23 "Roundhaven" Shield has 29% chance to Block.
- The Lvl 98 "Parma's Coal-Burner" Shield has 45% chance to Block!
All 10 Armors/Trinkets
- Find items that will increase your Mana/Mana Regen and Health.
- Refer to the Main or Additional Equipment Stats above for more stats to find.
Notable Armor Sets
- Lvl 99 "Harbringer" Set: Recommended for non-Elite Mode. For Elite, The Belt and
Necklace looks ok, get these 2 items just to get the 1st bonus.
Notable Socketable Items
Save all socketables that are similar to the stat bonuses below. They are also good.
- This socketables will be your main priority items to get/farm in the game.
- Lvl 88 "Skull of Whorlbarb" or Lvl 79 "Skull of Trenkay"
- 4.7 or 4.4 Mana recovery per second (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 73 "Skull of Riechliu"
- +1540 Health (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 55 "Skull of Limoany"
- All damage taken is reduced by 5% (Armor/Trinkets)
- Lvl 75 "Rambren Skull"
- +60% bonus to Critical Damage (Weapon)
- Lvl 87 "Vellinque Skull"
- +200 Physical Damage (Weapon)
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Hero)
Note: Higher Rank/Level gives better output and duration.
- Spell: Dervish
- Tome: Blocking
- Tome: Concentration
- Any Spell/Tome that you like
Equippable Spells/Tomes (Pet)
- Spell: Heal All
- Spell: Silence
- Any Summons or Spells/Tomes that you like.
There are so many skills that you can choose from but it is best to choose or prioritize
what you really need for your build. Other unmentioned skills below are also good but they are much more suitable for other Berserker builds. Feel free to use other skills that you think is best.
- You might also need to repeat completed maps to level up and learn more skills before
taking on bosses. To learn an effective way, click here.
- After reaching Estherian Enclave, talk to Thaymor to respec or remove your "Eviscerate"
- Use this as your main skill early game for damage, healing, shattering shields, escaping
deadly situations or simply for travelling. You can survive until Lvl 42 with this skill, as long that you have a high DPS weapon and Mana pool.
- Limit to 2/15 until you get Battle Standard. Without an active Battle Standard around,
cast this skill to test if your Mana can regenerate well while using this skill. If Yes, then add a point. If No, stop putting more points.
- Here's a trick: When auto attacking large monsters, use this skill right before they land their
heavy attacks to avoid it. You should be standing behind the monster, then repeat.
- Combo with Howl, Battle Standard ams Storm Hatchet.
Blood Hunger (Passive) - Get 1/15
- 1 point is enough for this build. Procs more once you have Storm Hatchet.
Howl (Active) - Get 15/15
- This will be your main and only active debuff skill. Use this to greatly reduce your enemies'
overall speed and to give your attacks some extra boost. Get 5 asap to increase range.
- It will affect all enemies around you for up to 12 seconds.
- Combo with Shadow Burst and Wolfpack.
Wolf Shade (Active) - Get 15/15
- At Rank 15/15, you can call this awesome wolf with 1 minute duration and cool down!
- Summon this wolf to heal, fight, and scout enemies for you! Great companion to help you
reach Lvl 42.
Shred Armor (Passive) - Get 15/15
- This is a great passive skill that reduces your enemies' Physical/Elemental Armors and let
you steal their Physical Armors to increase yours! Add points here whenever possible.
Storm Hatchet (Active) - Get 15/15
- This will greatly compensate your lack of Dexterity, Crit Chance, Charge Rate Increase
and more, because it can quickly fill up your Charge bar with just 1~3 hits at higher levels!
- Use this only for getting full Charge bars! (to generate crits).
- Dump points here if you can't find any main skill to upgrade.
- Combo with Shadow Burst and Wolfpack.
Red Wolf (Passive) - Get 1/15
- 1 point is enough for this build. Shines once you get Storm Hatchet.
Battle Standard (Active) - Get 15/15
- Gives lots of bonuses while you are inside the range. The main bonuses that we need here
are the increased mana recharge and it's wide range.
- Cast this first then rebuff yourself or cast any skill that you want.
- Combo with Wolfpack, Storm Hatchet and Shadow Burst.
Wolfpack (Active) - Get 15/15
- Concentrate on Mana/Mana Regen until you can spam this skill! Aim for at least 15~20+
casts before you are near zero Mana at higher levels.
- This will be your main attack skill, once you're here, you will become unstoppable because
everything will become easier!
- Add crits from Storm Hatchet's help, and +?% bonus to Critical Damage from Strength
and items, this will give you massive of damages!
- Combo with Storm Hatchet, Howl and Battle Standard
- Total Skill Points Used: 107
- Total Unused Skill Points: 25
- If you have extra skill points, either upgrade the skills you currently have or save them for
later use (after reaching the next required Lvl of skills). You can also invest them to other skills that you like but use the unused skill points above as your limit.
Frenzy Mastery (Passive)
- Try to put 8 points here to get 10 seconds duration. Good late game skill.
- 1 point is enough. Not very useful against 1 on 1, so do not increase to higher ranks.
Cold Steel Mastery (Passive)
- At Rank 15/15, this skill will give an extra +30% to Physical Damage. Good skill that
increases Wolfpack's damage late game.
Note: You might need to update your Torchlight 2 to it's latest version or patch to enjoy this
guide. Some skill description and game features are different compared to the original version. If you like this PC game, please support the software developers by purchasing the game!
Related Torchlight II Tips & Guides:
Torchlight II: Tips, Tricks, Game Help and Info
Torchlight II: Berserker - Elite Dual Wielder Stats and Skill Build