Here's the 1st part of the quick walkthrough and strategy guide for the "Neon Mixtape Tour" stages in the strategy defense game - Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time! Stock up on hairspray and rewind to the 1980s!
«Back to Plants vs. Zombies 2 Guides List
Tips to Remember!
- Play Lost City Quick Walkthrough and Strategy Guide first before this guide!
- Attacks a 3x3 square from their position, with nice attack speed and cool-down too.
- Another cool plant, fires piercing attacks, then hides and does ground damage when zombies are near. Even better when PF is used, giving them extra damages.
- Hides, and attacks zombies from behind. Needs an empty tile before it though to attack, and it's not good vs group of zombies.
- Sends all zombies back from where that came from, single use.
- Snapdragons: After placing 2 Sunflowers, place the first 2 Snapdragons on the 2nd and 4th row first, next on 3rd, then 1st and 5th rows last. If the formation below requires 2 columns of Snapdragons, start by placing 4 of them on the the 2nd and 4th row, and so on.
- Note: Use Wall-Nuts or Tall-Nuts if needed to defend your Snapdragons.
How to Plant Guide:
- | Sunflower | Peashooter | Peashooter | Wall |
- This means: Plant Sunflowers in the 1st column from the left, Peashooters in the 2nd and 3rd columns, then Wall-Nuts in the 4th column.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 1- | Sunflower | Snapdragon | Snapdragon | Wall and Endurian |
- PF: Any
- Wall-Nut and Endurian: As usual, place them to defend your Snapdragons from tough zombies.
- Support: Cherry Bomb, Chili Bean, and Stallia.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 2- | Sunflower | Magnet | Snapdragon | Wall and Endurain | Phat Beet |
- PF: Any or Magnet-shroom
- Setup Snapdragons and some Magnet-shrooms, then Walls and Endurains. Add more Magnets, then Phat Beets last.
- Magnet-shrooms are very effective against those Punk zombies.
- Support: Stallia
- | Cactus | Cactus | Chard Guard |
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 3 (Mini Game)
- PF: Any or to recharge your worn out Chard Guards.
- Support: Stallia to stall a large group of zombies.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 4- | Sunflower | Magnet | Snapdragon | Wall | Spikeweed |
- PF: Any or Magnet-shroom
- Setup Snapdragons and some Magnet-shrooms, then Walls and Endurains. Add more Magnets and Spikeweeds next.
- Support: Stallia, helps your Snapdragons defeat zombies early on, before you can setup your Walls.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 5 (Survive and Protect)- It's kinda hard to create a definite formation for this so...
- Follow these steps in-order, and do not use the Speed Booster for now.
- Ignore the 2 Wall-Nuts, and just focus on the 2 Phat Beets.
- Sunflower: Plant them on the far left side as usual, start planting 3 of them from the start. Continue planting while doing the steps below.
- Stallia: Spam from the start to support your plants.
- Snapdragons: Put your first 2 at the back of those 2 Phat Beets to support them.
- Wall and Endurian: Place your first 2 in front of those 2 Phat Beets to protect them.
- Magnet-shrooms: Spam them at the back of your Snapdragons, fill up that column fast. Drag and drop your PF into your Magnet Shroom's seed packet to instantly let it cool-down.
- Cherry Bomb: Use for clearing heavy zombie mobs.
- In case your Walls and Endurians gets kicked-off, just replace them.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 6 (Mini Game)- | Fume-shroom | Phat Beet | Phat Beet | Celery |
- Just replace fallen plants, or spam them all on the next columns.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 7- | Sunflower | 1 Magnet and Kernel-pults | Snapdragon | Snapdragon |
- PF: Sunflower to get more Sun.
- Plant 3 Sunflowers and turn off speed booster.
- Start countering the first 2 normal zombies with Kernel-pults. For the first 2 Punk zombies, just place 1 Magnet-shroom at the center of the 2nd column (Kernel-pults column)
- Cherry Bomb: Use this to defeat those first 2 Cone Zombies, use the PF to your Sunflower.
- Continue and complete your Kernel-pults and 3rd column Snapdragons.
- Support: Stallia to help your Snapdragons defeat zombies, and Cherry Bombs to clear heavy mobs.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 8- | Sunflower | Magnet | Snapdragon | Phat Beet | None | Spikeweed |
- PF: Sunflower for more Sun early on, then use on any plant later.
- Start by planting 3 Sunflowers and 1 Magnet-shroom, then complete the Sunflower column.
- Plant Snapdragons and Phat Beets on the 3 center rows first, then complete Snapdragons. Watch out for the next 2 Glitter zombies (top and bottom lanes), use Cherry Bomb and Stallia if needed.
- Support: Spam Stallia to help your Snapdragons and Phat Beets, use Cherry Bomb if needed.
- Make sure you have enough Magnet-shrooms before the waves of Punk Zombies comes in.
- Spikeweeds: Place them last to help eliminate those Glitter zombies, add more if you like.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 9 (Produce at least 2k Sun and Survive)- No definite formation due to those Punk zombies but try to go for this one:
- | Sunflower | Peashooter | Peashooter | Phat Beet | None | Celery |
- PF: Sunflower for more Sun.
- The trick is to plant fast, anticipate where zombies will come from.
- Support: Iceberg Lettuce and Stunion to stall early punk zombies and group of zombies.
- Start by placing Peashooters (2nd column first) and Phat Beet, let the Punk zombies kick the Sunflowers.
- If there are at least 3 or 4 Sunflowers on the 1st column, you can use your Shovel to remove other Sunflowers on other columns.
- After the formation, add in Celery plants on the 6th Column. Replace fallen plants.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 10 (Mini Game)- | Phat Beet | Phat Beet | Spikerock | Celery | Celery |
- PF: None
- Support: Thyme Warp, use if zombies reached the 1st or 2nd column, but reserve some for the group of Cone and Bucket zombies later on. Once Spikerocks starts to roll in, let them deal damages, then use Thyme Warp once they reach your Phat Beets.
- Replace fallen plants.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 11 (Survive with Given Plants)- | Sunflower | Threepeater | Threepeater |
- PF: None
- Go and plant 5 Sunflowers early on, use Stallia to stall zombies. Focus your Threepeaters on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rows first, no need to place them on the 1st and 5th rows.
- Potato Mine: vs Bucket zombies.
- Cherry Bomb vs group of zombies.
- Thyme Warp: If your zombies attack your 2nd or 3rd column.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 12- | Sunflower | Kernel-pult | 1 Magnet and Snapdragon | Snapdragon |
- PF: After using Cherry Bomb on the Gargantuar, drag and drop your PF to your Cherry Bomb's seed packet to use it again.
- Go and plant 5 Sunflowers early on, use Stallia to stall zombies. Place your first 2 Snapdragons on the 2nd and 4th rows, then complete Kernel-pults. Kernel-pults are very effective against those zombies holding microphones (MC Zom-B).
- Magnet-shroom: Just place 1 at the center of the 3rd column to help defeat tough zombies.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 13 (Plan Your Defense!)- Refer to the formation below, then just watch till the end.
- PF: Infi-Nut to bring up shield.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 14 (Survive with Given Plants)- | Sun-shroom | Cactus | Cactus | None | Celery |
- PF: Cactus, turn all 2nd column Cactus plants to a nastier one.
- Thyme Warp: Use if needed.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 15 (Survive and Protect)- | Sunflower | Laser Bean | Magnet | Snapdragon | Phat Beet |
- Start planting 5 Sunflowers early on, use Stallia to stall zombies. Next, quickly plant 1 Snapdragon and 1 Magnet-shroom to take care of the first few zombies.
- PF: Sunflower, quickly use and gather.
- Cherry Bomb and Chili Bean: Use it on the first 2 Cone zombies, usually comes in at the top and bottom rows. This will let you setup more Snapdragons and Magnet-shrooms.
- Laser Bean: Can really tear through the zombies, set them up after setting up 3 Snapdragons and Magnet-shrooms on the 3 center rows.
- Support: Spam Stallia, and use Cherry Bomb and Chili Bean to destroy groups of zombies.
- Add in more Snapdragons and Magnet-shrooms if you like.
- *You can also use Kernel-Pults as alternative to Laser Beans.
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 16 (Mini Game! - Gargantuar and World Key!)
- | Kernel-pult | Kernel-pult | Phat Beet | Phat Beet | None | Celery |
- How to Defeat the Gargantuars?
- Use PF on Kernel-pult to stun them, then plant Celery Stalkers, at the back of those Gargantuars to attack them from behind. To make them stay even longer, use Stallia.
- Just use 1 column for Celery Stalkers, reserve the other for Gargantuars.
- Support: Stallia to stall enemies and use Thyme Warp if needed.
- Just continue and replace fallen plants, should be easy.
Plants vs. Zombies 2: Neon Mixtape Tour Part 2
- The 2nd Part of the Neon Mixtape Tour is now available HERE.
Related Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time Tips & Guides:
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time: Plant Food Effects on Plants
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Big Wave Beach Quick Walkthrough and Strategy Guide
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Lost City Quick Walkthrough and Strategy Guide
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Jurassic Marsh Quick Walkthrough and Strategy Guide
«Back to Plants vs. Zombies 2 Guides List