Here's a quick walkthrough and strategy guide for the Vasebreaker Western Challenge Pack in the defense strategy mobile game: Plants vs. Zombies 2 It's About Time.
Vasebreaker is a mini-game where you need to break all vases to complete the stage. You can't select any plants to play with, and you can only randomly get them from breaking vases. Good Luck!
General Tips to Remember
Which Vases to Break First?
- Break all last column vases first, once done, break all green vases next.
- Note: If most of them are zombies, better restart.
- Most of the time, it is best to break and defeat 1 zombie at a time, but it also good to break multiple vases depending on the situation, refer to the guide below for more info.
- Prioritize incoming zombies first, but if your defense can handle them, place your plants on a row that has the most number of non-green vases. Refer to the formations below as your guide per stage.
- As much as possible, only break vases in rows that doesn't have zombies and has a good defense.
- Always break vases from right to left, unless stated otherwise.
How to Plant Guide:
- | Sunflower | Peashooter | Peashooter | Wall |
- This means: Plant Sunflowers in the 1st column from the left, Peashooters in the 2nd and 3rd columns, then Wall-Nuts in the 4th column.
Game Is Luck Based
- Plants and zombies that you get are totally random, so yeah may luck be kind.
- Using Power-Ups is optional, unless it is highly recommended.
Western Challenge: Split Decision
- Formation: | Wall or Chili | Split Pea (on cart) | Split Pea (las column) |
- PF: Split Pea: Best used as your last blow for remaining zombies.
- Cart: Pleace Split Pea and move to attack or avoid zombies.
- Wall-Nut and Chili Bean: best for defending against Poncho zombies.
- Other Notes: Defeat zombies one at a time. It is best to break vases on rows with Wall and Split Pea.
Western Challenge: Chicken Skewers
- Formation: | Repeater | Watermelon (cart) | Spike
- PF: Watermelon-pult, vs remaining zombies. If you think that your defenses are good enough, then break all remaning zombies then unleash your PF.
- Cart: Watermelon-pult, move to attack to avoid zombies.
- Chili Bean: Best vs tough zombies like Poncho and Buckethead.
- Other Notes: Use Butter (Power-up) if needed.
Western Challenge: The Mine Cart
- Formation: | Potato Mine (left cart) | Split Pea (last column and the cart) |
- PF: Split Pea, best vs the zombie bull. Before using, you can also break all vases on that row, to defeat more zombies.
- Left Cart: Potato Mine, once it is fully grown, break a vase from the left most area, then use your Potato Mine to eliminate tough zombies.
- Left Cart: You can also place a Pea or an Iceberg Lettuce here if you don't have a Potato Mine, but once you get one, better use your Shovel and replace the plant.
- Iceberg and Pea: You may place them to any available tile.
- Other Notes: For this stage, break green vases first and get a Split Pea for your right side cart. Defeat enemies one at a time.
- Butter (Power-Up): Use if needed vs tough zombies.
Related Plants vs. Zombies 2 Tips & Guides:
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: Vasebreaker Pirate Challenge Walkthrough Guide
«Back to Plants vs. Zombies 2 Guides List