Here's a game guide on how to clear the Stage Level 40 in the action RPG defense game - Cats vs Dragons. It's easy to get stuck in this game, simply because you can't replay completed stages, and farming Coins isn't easy until later levels.
Upgrading is also crucial, one mistake will get you stuck, or will greatly delay your progress, so I made this guide to give you ideas.
- Cats vs Dragons: Stage LvL 40 In-Depth Strategy Guide -
Recommended Upgrades to Get First (Strictly In-Order!)
Stages 1 to 30
- Royal Page Lv 4 (only use Royal Pages, no need to equip others)
- Fire Trap Lv 1 (to disrupt and separate enemy Healers at higher stages)
- Royal Page Lv 8
- Bastet's Idol Lv 1 (mainly to slow enemies)
- Royal Page Lv 9
- Lynx Lv 3 (to avoid getting 1 shot killed by a powerful long-ranged attack)
- Royal Page Lv 10
Stages 31 to 60
- Royal Page Lv 11 (Maxed)
- Enchanted Cat's Eye Lv 2 (to reinforce your Crystal against sneaky attacks at Stage 35, or higher)
- Magma Rock Lv 3
- Lynx Lv 4 (Stage Lv 40 is around here)
- Magma Rock Lv 8 or 9
Why Royal Pages?
- They can also give you enough time to use your Magma Rock skill.
- Just equip and only use Royal Pages, no need to equip other units.
Recommended Skills To Use
- Gust of Wind: Use it mainly to delay your enemies, and give more time for your Magma Rock to cool-down (use it wisely!).
- Magma Rock: Simply the best skill in the game because of it's insane damage, cast whenever it's ready.
Use your Royal Pages and Gust of Wind to help defend while waiting for this skill's cool-down.
Strategy - Stage 40 Tip:
- Just follow "the usual strategy" below and reach Cat Bowl Lv 4 to spam your Royal Pages. Avoid floors with "rolling blades" and use your Magma Rock to finish the boss dragon here.
"The Usual Strategy"
- This section will cover a strategy that you will use against all stages in the game. Learn how or when to summon allies, and how to upgrade your Cat Bowl for better performance. Note: Only equip Royal Pages, no need to equip others.
- Wait for the enemies to reach the 2nd or 1st floor.
- Always accumulate at least 20 Cat Food first, before calling your allies, unless you really need to stop enemies near your Enchanted Cat's Eye or Crystal.
- Summon Royal Pages until you can't summon anymore (20 Cat Food can summon 5 Royal Pages, always summon by groups), then STOP to let your Cat Bowl accumulate at least 20 Cat Food again.
- Repeat until the 1st and 2nd floors are clear with enemies.
Step #2-B (conditional)
- If there are "Fast Moving" enemies going straight to your Enchanted Cat's Eye or Crystal, just summon 2, or 3 Royal Pages once they reach the Enchanted Cat's Eye. Once clear, go to Step #2-A above.
- While the 1st and 2nd floors are clear, this is your chance to accumulate 30 Cat Food to upgrade your Food Bowl to Lv.2. Tap on the "Cat Food - Can" once you reach 30 Cat Food, to upgrade it (see sample pic above). Upgraded Cat Bowl will generate more Cat Food per second.
- Repeat Step #2-A above, until the 1st and 2nd floors are clear with enemies.
- Again, while the 1st and 2nd floors are clear, accumulate 50 Cat Food to upgrade your Food Bowl to Lv.3! Repeat Step #2-A above, until the 1st and 2nd floors are clear with enemies.
- While the 1st and 2nd floors are clear, accumulate 75 Cat Food to upgrade your Food Bowl to Lv.4!
- Next, just SPAM an army of Royal Pages! NYAHAHAHAHA! XD
- Cats vs Dragons: Full Strategy Guide -
The Full Walkthrough and Strategy Guide can be found here:
- Cats vs Dragons: FAQ, Walkthrough, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guide
Come back here for more tips, tricks and guide updates for your favorite online or offline Games! Good luck and don't forget to share your favorite game guides to your friends!