Here's a guide on how to complete all Spec Op 2 Captain America: Civil War tasks. Refer below if you need help on how to complete certain tasks like how to unlock the Epic Boss Iron Man or Captain America.
Mastering Spec Op 2 will reward you a 2-Stars Falcon if you chose Captain America's Side, or a 2-Stars Winter Soldier if you chose Iron Man's Side. Good luck and have fun!
- You must claim the reward first before starting a new task.
- New paths will unlock as you go.
- If you are using Spec Op Energy (Conflicted Directives), you can also farm them through Ally Team Ups (Chapter 1 Normal Missions using 6 Energy), or by completing Daily Tasks.
- Once you are done with either side, you can only replay the other side if you have a Spec Op Archive Key, (yup, can be purchased for $10.00). Don't worry though because Spec Op 2 will become permanently accessible once you claim the Mastery Reward Hero.
- So for new players, pick the hero you like to get first, or better pick a side that will enable you to use your best team at the moment.
Spec Op 2 Tasks and How To Complete
Tryst and Trust
- Complete a deploy in Spec Op 2.
- How To Complete: Try to complete the 1st Deploy Mission, then claim task reward before the Mini Boss War Machine fight.
- Defeat War Machine in Spec Op 2, Mission 1.
Armed and Dangerous
- Defeat Winter Soldier in Spec Op 2, Mission 1.
- Choose a side in the civil war by starting Spec Op 2, Mission 02.
- How To Complete: Choose your side, then fully review the list of restricted heroes.
Captain America's Side: Tasks and How To Complete
Shield vs S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Defeat 10 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents in Spec Op 2.
- Defeat 4 opposition Heroes in Spec Op 2.
- How To Complete: Defeat Mini Boss Black Widow and Mini Boss Hank Pym. Next, restart Mission 2 and defeat both Mini Bosses again to complete the this task.
- Apply Tactical debuffs to Winter Soldier in Spec Op 2 [4 Times].
- How To Complete: Check Heroes that can do Tactical debuffs here: Tactical Debuffs List. Any will do, just spam 4 times. Ex: If you have Black Widow, just spam her Tactical ability, or use heroes with Clobbered debuff like Iron Fist, Black Widow and more.
Oh Captain! My Captain!
- Defeat Captain Marvel in Spec Op 2 Mission 2.
- Complete 3 Deploys in Spec Op 2.
- How To Complete: Rerun Mission 2. Just complete 2 Deploy Missions then proceed to Mission 1 to complete the 3rd one after beating Mini Boss Falcon. This will set you up for the next task.
- How To Complete: If you have access to Spec Op 1, you can also complete deploy missions there to save Spec Op 2 energy. Example: Follow the path leading to Epic Boss Yellowjacket. Just complete 2 Deploy Missions then proceed to Mission 1 to complete the 3rd one.
- Defeat Tiger Shark in Spec Op 2 Mission 1.
- How To Complete: After completing the task above, choose the Hydra path instead of Mini Boss War Machine.
Heart of Darkness
- Apply 5 Mental debuffs to enemies in Wakanda (Mission 3).
- How To Complete: Check Heroes that can do Mental debuffs here: Mental Debuffs List. Use any Mental debuffs to enemies including Mini Boss Black Panther.
Rumble in the Jungle
- Use Blunt attacks against opposition heroes in Spec Ops 2 [10 Times].
- How To Complete: Check the abilities of your core heroes and equip any ability with Blunt attack type tag. Example: If you have Wasp, use her Fly Swatter. Now, continue, but only use Blunt attacks to Mini Boss heroes (Vision and Black Widow), enemies doesn't count.
- Try to complete this task before you reach Boss Iron Man in Mission 3.
Brothers at Odds
- Defeat Iron Man in Spec Op 2, Mission 3.
- How To Complete: Use an ability with Shield Breaker to easily remove Iron Man's shields. Example: Wasp's Bioenergy Blast. If one of your allies gets the Touch of Death debuff, you can remove it by using Iron Fist's Healing Lotus for example.
- Defeat 12 opposition Heroes in Spec Op 2.
- How To Complete: First, go to Mission 2 and follow this path: S1: (S.H.I.E.L.D.); S2 (Mini Boss Black Widow); S3 (Mini Boss Thor); then go on until you can get 4/12 Opposition Heroes. This will also unlock Epic Boss Iron Man in Mission 3.
- Next, exit Mission 2 and enter Mission 3. Follow the Epic Boss Iron Man path and defeat all 4 Mini Bosses, giving you a total of 7/12 Opposition Heroes (Tiger Shark doesn't count). The Epic Boss Iron Man stage has 6 Opposition Heroes but you only need 5, so defeat all except Iron Man.
- The trick here is to purposely let your team lose against Iron Man. Choose the "Give up" option for now to collect your task reward, setting things up for the final show down!
All Out War
- Defeat Epic Boss Iron Man's team in Spec Op 2, Mission 3.
- How To Complete: If you followed my advice above, just re-enter the Epic Boss Iron Man stage.
Iron Man's Side: Tasks and How To Complete