Here are some tips, tricks and game help for the mobile or tablet social game - Subway Surfers, that will greatly help players understand the basics and in-depth mechanics of the game. Available on Android, iOS devices, and Windows Phone.
Help Jake, Tricky and Fresh escape from the grumpy Inspector and his Pitbull dog. Join the most daring chase!
◄Back to Subway Surfers FAQ, Tips, Tricks and Strategy Guides List
- Swipe Up = Jump
- Swipe Down = Roll
- Swipe Right = Dash to the Right
- Swipe Left = Dash to the Left
- Double Tap = Grab a Hoverboard
Other Useful Controls
- [Jump] + [Right] or [Jump] + [Right] + [Right] = Dash to the right while in mid-air.
- [Jump] + [Left] or [Jump] + [Left] + [Left] = Dash to the left while in mid-air.
- These are very useful to keep your character on top of the trains for better view of what's coming or to quickly switch lanes to dodge obstacles at the last minute!
- [Jump] + [Roll] = Cancels Jump then instantly Roll.
- Highly Recommended to master the Super Sneakers, and it is also helpful to get all the coins on top of the trains or to run on top of them when everything gets a lot faster.
- [Roll] + [Jump] = Cancels Roll then instantly Jump. Very situational but it's still good.
- Complete Daily Challenges each day and increase your reward!
- For more info, go here: How to Complete Daily Challenges or Missions
- Complete a 5 Days streak to get a Super Mystery Box!
Missions and Multipliers
- Complete Missions Sets to increase your Multiplier up to x30!. Multipliers are used to increase the gain rate of your Scores, to explain this in a simpler way, here's an example:
- If you have a Multiplier of x1 and you ran 100 meters, your Score = 100.
- If you have a Multiplier of x30 and you ran 100 meters, your Score = 3000!
- So Max this as soon as possible!
- Reached Multiplier 30? Complete extra missions for Super Mystery Boxes!
- To learn how to Complete specific or notable Missions, go to the link below:
- How to Complete Missions Like Jump Over Trains and More
Here you can choose any character that you like to use for your runs. By default, Jake will be your main character for the game. Other characters must be unlocked or bought with Coins.
- Tricky = Tricky's Hat x3
- Fresh = Fresh's Stereo x50
- Spike = Spike's Guitar x200
- Yutani = Yutani's UFO x500
- Characters that you can unlock using characters tokens from Mystery Boxes.
- It is best to invest your Coins to upgrades first before getting new Characters.
- Featured Special Characters that are only available for a limited number of days.
- Note that an internet connection must be present after the timer hits 00:00:00 to update and get more limited characters!
- Boards will appear once you grab or use your Hoverboards by double tapping.
- You can equip any available Boards here or buy some with your hard earned Coins. Limited ones are also offered here but it is best to grab those Boards with Special Powers.
- Example: Bouncer = Special Power: Super Jump
- Note that an internet connection must be present after the timer hits 00:00:00 to update and get more limited Boards!
- Rare Items from Mystery Boxes. Doesn't really give any bonuses, just a collection.
- Score Booster: Activate at the start of your run to add +5 to your current Multiplier. Best used when you have Multiplier 30 for best results!
- Note: Update your game to Subway Surfers World Tour: Rio or later.
- Subway Surfers: Which Powerups to Upgrade First
- It is permanent and it can also help you reach Very High Scores because of Coins.
- Simply connect to Facebook with your account to activate this feature.
- Grab your free 5000 Coins and don't forget to recommend this game to your friends.
- Go to the Friends screen to get up to 350 Coins from your active friends!
- Earn and share coins to your friends by making 50 runs while online!
- Reach the top of the leaderboard by increasing your Multiplier!
- Brag to your friends when you beat their high score!
Now that you are good to go, it's time to learn how to increase your Scores! Learn how to do upgrades and stuff by following the guide below:
- How to Get High Scores (Over 1 Million!)
Related Subway Surfers Tips & Guides:
Subway Surfers: How to Complete Missions Like Jump Over Trains and More
Subway Surfers: How to Gain More Coins
Subway Surfers: How to Complete Daily Challenges or Missions
Subway Surfers: Which Powerups to Upgrade First